Monday 16 May 2016

BBQ at Heidi´s

Last night we were invited to Heidi's barbecue. It should have started at three PM but the rain was rather extreme, to an effect that it was difficult for the guests to make it outside. She postponed it an hour which gave us enough time to have a relaxed morning/early afternoon playing Destiny.


Around half past three the rain had subsided and we walked to Coronation Centre to buy some things for the barbecue. Leaving Ymir alone for a few hours was totally fine according to both the advice we had gotten and previous experience, thus we could come to an agreement of how many hours we could go out. At Coronation Centre we bought three bags of chicken wings with different flavours and some ciders for us. We had been told that chicken was something that was missing and we should bring. When in line we ordered an Uber and had trouble finding it since the GPS was not working properly, but eventually we made it. The MRT was inconveniently far away from her place and so taxi was the best option.

When we arrived around five there was already tons of people there, I think we were some of the last. Most of them seemed to come from Heidi's and John's shared workplace, Ubisoft. I was introduced to a few and could not keep track of their names, but tate did not seem to be an issue - I believe I only said my name to three people.

We started with a card game called Exploding Kittens. It was fun to play, being our first time but it was super easy to learn. Basically you just sit in a circle and draw cards until you draw an Exploding Kitten and if you do not have a certain card you die. In the end it was between me and Heidi; four cards in the draw pile and both of us having defuse cards (the only card to save you from an Exploding Kitten) and some extra cards. We knew there were three EK left, and on my turn I drew the last of the non-lethal cards so then it was just a matter of who-has-the-most-defuse-cards. That was Heidi.

We were around five playing this game and then maybe four who watched us. The rest, maybe ten others, were outside barbecuing or sitting around a table chatting. John got us a plate of meat and other things while sitting around this gaming-table. We opened The Resistance and more people joined.

Eight players were playing the first round. It was pretty wild around the table with accusations and denials. I could barely hear anything. My opinion is that with so many players there should have been more than five missions since some players never got to go on one, but I suppose that could have been because of the leaders. I never got to be the leader - a loss for the team in my opinion.

The next round I chose not to take part in finding the spies. After that round John got us some more food, he did so during the whole evening, quite a gentleman. We started playing Cards Against Humanity with six people and a few who just watched. It was fun and everybody got some black cards. During that game I got creepy tunnelvision and the corners of my eyes were completely blurred. John said it probably was because of the white cards; looking at them closely and then looking away and back and forth. At the end I just really wanted to be done with the game, that blurred eyesight really made me anxious.

Heidi won that game and I informed her about our situation - that a little hungry kitten was waiting for us at home. John made sure we ate some of the really tender steak before calling an Uber. Even though it was really nice meeting all those people and they made the evening a bright shine inside my head, I just was not into it as much as I wanted. My mind was elsewhere and my body just was not up to being social.

Ymir was fine when we finally got home. We had not been gone for more than five hours and we fed him as soon as we came home. Continued the evening with cuddles in the sofa, gaming Destiny and watching series. The cat was very social and wanted to be close at all times.

Night night.

Apparently someone took a photo of us. Found this on the FB-event page.

1 comment:

  1. That is a true blessing in life: Friends and family who like board games. :)

    ReplyDelete