Tuesday 23 February 2016

Last night in Sweden

Good evening.

This blog will be updated and redesigned in the future, when I have access to internet and an apartment in Singapore.

Right now I'm just waiting for the taxi to arrive, which it will in eight hours. Eight hours might sound like a lot of time but it ain't.

Today we woke up early to pack the last of our things into IKEA-bags and boxes, then travelled through Stockholm to stow them with our families. John ate some pretty damn good hamburgers at a food truck while I didn't think my stomach could take it, so I ate expensive sushi and was disappointed with every bite since the old man who made them did it the right way with wasabi under every piece of fish. Wasabi is dried soap mixed with washing soda in my eyes. I confess I did make a bad choice and my stomach would probably be happier with that amazing burger. After sushi we went back a got a hamburger for free!

Then we walked in circles in the city while waiting for a friend to answer our calls. We saw Deadpool at the cinema, which was a really good movie and definitely lived up to the expectations set by the commercials. Killed two hours there and then we thought about what kind of food we should eat for dinner. Well, since we can't cook at home we bought salad from a food court, and we both managed to get it at the same price less than a crown's difference. Salad is good, fresh and definitely taste expensive!

Our emotions right now are pretty wild. Sometimes I stare into nothingness and do not even hear the thoughts my loud head is shouting. From time to time, usually when I doing something, a laugh like a maniac. John will look at me, question what I'm laughing about and I'm just saying "Singapore" and he'll join my manic laughing for a while until we both sort of cool down and disappear into our heads.

Our luggage, or rather our lives, is in three big bags, two smaller bags and two even smaller bags. Everything on the kilo for what is allowed (the third bag will be taken to Singapore in a week via John's very sweet and kind mother). Everything else that you may need in life will be new, bought in Singapore and with the right, um, new kind of plug.

Since we don't know how long we will be staying my thoughts are that we're buying the essentials we want and then, if we move to another country in six years, try to sell everything again. I'm not sentimental (except for in the beginning, but then I'm fine), so just getting rid of all the old stuff was both hard and a real relief. But now I'm thinking: what should we buy that we can still sell when we're moving again? Because now that I'm tasting the move to another country, I can't imagine that I'll stop! Besides, now matter how old we're feeling, we are apparently pretty young!

I'll write another post once we're there and I can get internet somewhere. Lucky me, my laptop will always be with me!
(This is how I can work wherever I go.)




No comments:

Post a Comment