Monday 6 June 2016

Weekend Happenings

Saturday

Slept for as long as possible when a kitten meows constantly from somewhere around eight. John got up and gave him some food and came back to bed. An hour later I heard him meow and walked up and gave him some food without realizing he had already had his breakfast. Clever cat. After that we cuddled in bed with the door open since he starts meowing if it is closed. Instead he jumps up in the bed and puts his wet nose all over our faces until it is impossible to sleep any longer.

We figured it was too late for a breakfast and instead took an hour of entertaining ourselves before John went out to buy some lunch from the food court. He came back with good things and we ate watching a series.

At two o'clock we called for a taxi and put Ymir in his carrier. Went downstairs and let the silent and slightly awkward driver take us half an hour away to Mount Pleasant Animal Clinic. We arrived one minute before our appointed time. No waiting for us. The nice lady who checked up on Ymir had done so a month earlier before he moved in with us and told us he had double his weight. This only confirmed what he had seen; he looks like a normal sized adult cat by now and he is only 18 weeks old.

John explained the situation with the blood around the stool and said he had already been to a vet and had some medicin we gave him. Even so the nice young lady gave us some recommendation if what we already had did not help and then gave him the vaccine we were there for. It was over under ten minutes or so. When she left the room to do some paperwork I said to John that I felt bad and he said I probably had fever after kissing my forehead.

Great, right? So we got another taxi and had to gross a busy street to get to it. This driver was much more talkative and the men sitting in the front talked all the way home. I sat in the back, trying not to feel nauseas and cuddled with Ymir. We came home and let him out in the apartment, realizing he had not made a sound during this whole trip. A very good boy!

John walked to the store to buy us some food and I took a pill and relaxed at home. We ordered Indian food for dinner and watched Inglorious Bastards. Tarantino is quite unique in his way of creating scenes. It was a blast watching it.



Sunday

I suddenly felt much better! I laughed a lot and was very loud. Not that anything in particular happened. I did the dishes, I put away stuff where they should be. John vacuum-cleaned and mopped the floors. The laundry was made and hung. After lunch and after some gaming we went to the pool and played around there for a while. John said we probably looked like teenagers (or like 12 year olds) because of the way we played. I disagreed; I said it probably looked like we were in love and having a good time. Never too old to goof around!

We felt like having all of that done we could spend the rest of the day gaming. It was so much fun! I played Destiny a lot but made John play some of the PVP-matches for me while I sat next to him shouting where I saw the enemy and how good he was shooting them. Ah, good times. Ordered pizza for dinner and watched something short since we both wanted to go back to our games. John played a fighting-game on the computer.

I went to bed early and read until John came to me. We slept and the weekend was over. Time for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment