Wednesday 16 November 2016

Small things can make a Day

Today I did not want to sit in my worn-down chair in front of the computer. I feel like every day is another day by this bright screen. This is where I write my book. This is where I communicate with friends. This is where I find most entertainment. This is the chair where my butt is formed. Not literally.

Yes, I started my morning by the computer but only for an hour. While eating my breakfast I watched another episode of Downton Abbey - one of my favourite British series of all time. When it was done I was supposed to open my documents and start writing. I got as far as opening them before my hand dragged the mouse to the off button. I could not stop it. No more, it said.

So I sat down in the living room, finding the fluffy carpet immensely comfortable opposite the stiff chair. I played with the cat for a while but when the cat did not want to play anymore I stared at the table the TV stood upon. It was dusty. It was messy. I could not stand it. I fetched a cloth and pulled out all PS games, all board games and everything else in there. I brushed the items and I swabbed the shelves. Suddenly the cat was inside and would not come out. He found it very interesting to have access to an area previously messy and dusty. He did not help my cleaning; instead, after I asked him kindly to leave, there was a new batch of cat hair on the shelves. I swabbed it all over again and then organised everything neatly.


Afterwards I felt done but my eyes fell upon the TV and the soundbar. They were dusty as well. Cat hair everywhere! I had to swab that too. I cleaned the rug and saw the dishes and made those as well. I washed my hands in the bathroom and saw the dirt across the counter and so I cleaned again. The dots from toothpaste on the mirror annoyed me so I removed those too.

Eventually I did not find anything else to clean (since I had one of these episodes yesterday and vacuum cleaned everything). Then I put on a washing machine and went to the gym. Did some cardio and strength. Got back up and hung the laundry. I decided to eat an omelette for lunch. I have never made an omelette before. I asked John for advise and a sort of recipe. Two large eggs, some onion, finely chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Halfway through its cooking I put a load of Parmesan and folded it. It tasted really good actually. I have never really liked omelette but this I enjoyed eating. I felt so healthy.

I read a few chapters in my very poetic book about a blind girl and a deaf boy in Berlin during world war two. A really good book indeed. John once suggested I should write reviews on the blog, but I am already writing them on GoodReads and my activity on GoodReads can be seen in the menu to the right. I looked at my neat pile of PS games and saw one I had not played in a while. Put it in and played for two hours. Then I confirmed the evening plans with John.

By the time he left for work I was on my way to the subway as well. We met a Bouna Vista and travelled to Jurong East to visit IMM again. I have written about this mall earlier and if you are interested you can type in the three letters in the search box to the right and find those posts. We had a clear goal with our visit and made haste around it. First we had dinner at a new restaurant. I had chicken and rice which was far too much for me to eat. John had noodles, fried wantons and mushrooms. He helped me with my meal. I asked the waiter what the crispy popcorn-tasting chips were and she answered belinjo (although Googled sayd melinjo). I need to find this in a store, it was really good!

After that we found our way to the Nike store which we entered in our Nike shoes. We found a guy to ask for help and quickly found the shoes John needed. A pair of jogging shoes with a firmer sole. He bought a green pair, really cool colour. At the same time we bought new anti-blister socks since he had been using mine which are too small for him. Now we are truly fully Nike-wearing, semi-healthy persons!

We swooped through Best Denki, listened to a guy talk about electric shavers, looked at the prices and thanked for his help. Walked out of there with new bags for the vacuum cleaner. Walked downstairs, saw a sushi go-round which I had never seen before and would love to visit, immediately sent a picture to John's family to report this and agreed with his sister to go there once she visits in December. We walked to two clothing stores looking for comfortable shorts/longer pants for me but found nothing. Did a quick run into Guardian (apothecary) and bought pain killers, new blades for John's razor and a large package of tampons.

Lastly we entered Giant, the gigantic grocery-and-other-things store. Picked up a basket each and went straight to the food. Put things from our mental lists into the basket and checked with the written one on my phone. Filled both halfway and stood in line for a while. Let the lady in the cashier pack our things in as many thin plastic bags as she liked, even though we had the discussion about the environment in Swedish whilst this happened. Grabbed a cab and rode home. I felt sick after a few minutes. The cat was waiting by the door, I almost opened it on his head. We put the groceries everywhere, feeling very pleased with ourselves about the amount of vegetables and fruit instead of candy and soda.

Now I will close down this life-sucking machine, aka computer, once more and read another chapter before going to bed. Excuse this long rant about my day but a lot did happen even though nothing really did. Thank you for reading this blog.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment