Saturday 1 April 2017

First of Many

First of April is a special day. Not because, for some reason, people are allowed to fool each other, but because we moved to this apartment a year ago. John and I do not indulge in April Fool's Day anyway. We did not celebrate moving here, since that would be strange, but we did go to the cinema. Since the beginning of Mars we have had a project of seeing a movie at the cinema once a week. So far we have seen Logan and John Wick chapter 2. As you might calculate from this we kind of failed our project, but we will try to keep it going through April as well.

We travelled to VivoCity some hours before the movie started. Being very bad at walking around and entering every store, we immediately went inside H&M to look for new bikinis for me. We found two worth trying and I ended up liking them both. John was at first concerned since bikinis are expensive (why? I remember a time when they were semi-cheap) but since I liked them both he agreed to buy them. While I was testing them in the women's fitting rooms he headed over to the men's section and tried some things over there. He found five basic t-shirts, cosy shorts and two packages of socks.

Then we steered ourselves towards La Senza, ignoring all other shops we passed by, not even looking at their items or sales signs. Outside La Senza we found a sign telling us they had a deal on panties - 10 for $70. We could not resist. There were plenty to chose from and we found ten pairs and put them in our little shoppingbag. Our actual goal for entering the store was to find a bra. Luckily they had a deal on that too. Buy 2 get 1 for free. Meaning I had to find three bras, which really was not a big problem. I picked five, tried them on an ended up with two fantastic bras. One is nude, sits perfectly, smooth and comfortable. I amazed at how good it feels to wear it. A white one that looks a lot like one I already had but the new bra is the right size at sits a lot better. Time to throw the old one in the trash. Lastly I bought a no-wire bra, blue with white horizontal uneven stripes. It will be used often since I feel uneasy when I go outside without a bra. We think the lady behind the counter invited us to a club, but we were too oblivious to it at the time.

The first movie of April was Ghost in the Shell. It is originally an anime which we have seen several times - only one time seeing it all the way through. The main character is played by Scarlett Johansson. Many have been upset by this "white washing", but ScarJo did a great job. She was not made a Hollywood gorgeous actress, but ugly-pretty with a quirky walk-style telling us she was uncomfortable in her body (as the story goes). They made some changes in the story from the original, but it worked for the better. I really enjoyed it. Would recommend!

It ended around nine and since we had had a late lunch we also had a late dinner. We went to the top of the building and entered the food court up there. I am on a food challenge, not a diet, which do not allows me to eat white rice. So when I ordered from the pick-and-choose-place, I asked for no rice but extra vegetables. I had a small piece of pork and a some shredded beef. All together it costed surprisingly eleven dollars! What the...! Too expensive, but I only did the math after I had walked away. John had a bowl of rice and a full chicken leg and a small simple soup on the side for only six dollars. Not going back to the place where I bought mine.

Before going home we did a quick run-through at Giant, picking up meat and vegetables. It ended up being our healthiest purchase ever, even though John bought two bottles of wine. My challenge keeps me from consuming alcohol as well. This will be good for me, I am really enjoying it. The challenge makes me try new meals and explore new recipes. It has been two days and I am so hungry. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment