Monday 3 April 2017

Food Reset

In my last post I mentioned a food challenge that I am doing for 28 (more or less) days of April. It was made for February. I got it from a blog called Blogilates which I find really inspiring and helpful. Since I am not very good at going to the gym I thought I would try to start doing pilates at home. It is actually called POP Pilates, since you are doing it to pop music. The instruction-videos are easy to understand and short enough to do one, two, three and sometimes four in a row. It makes it a lot easier to build your own schedule.

The challenge I was talking about is the 28 Day Reset Challenge. It is not a diet - it is a way to get to know what your stomach can handle, which is great for me since I am dealing with IBS. At first I thought it was a scam, like so many of these things are, but the course is free (but of course there are two pdf files to purchase with, I assume, more developed instructions for both the workout and the food) and I can adjust it to fit my own needs. I decided to do the challenge after a good thinking-it-through, with my own conditions and rules. I removed the processed food category, mostly because I do not eat that normally and if I remove that I would probably collapse. The rest I try to stick to, which is difficult for a person who is used to a glass of milk every morning. Instead I drink juice and water. I am switching from white to brown rice. We bought a lot of vegetables the other day. I am surprised to find myself enjoying the challenge, it requires me to try new things that I have not eaten a lot and I mostly cook my own meals which John has done for a very long time.

Together with The 28 Day Reset Challenge you are supposed to add a workout schedule. The meant-to plan is the PIIT28 - it stands for Pilates Intensive Interval Training and each workout is completed within twenty eight minutes. I have not done a lot of pilates, or workouts for that matter, so knowing what it stood for I understood it would be too advanced for me. Every month she makes a workout calendar which you can get by subscribing to her newsletters. So far I have found the mail inspiring and motivational, so she does not spam my inbox. Though I still think the monthly calendar looks too tough for me I chose to do the Beginner's 2.0. It is a lot more my speed and my flexibility, even though I am still too scared to try the headstand. I also take two days break (skipping one day of total body workout) to not fatigue myself way too much. I tried doing this calendar throughout February but it was too much and I could not keep it up. Now I am back at it, changing it to work for me and I am going for it! Luckily this month started on a Saturday so I could get used to the food challenge before starting with the workout as well.

Wish me luck!
And join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment