Monday 28 August 2017

It is not Hard once you have Decided

I made a choice on the thirteenth of August, the day before I turned twenty three. It was time to do it and I have not had any regrets so far! Though, as far as my stomach goes, I have had some troubles that are new and I do not know how to fix them. This is definitely a "click-bait" short for this post, but in this day and age it is allowed!

I stopped drinking soda! This is the big step I've taken. The day before my birthday I drank two cans of Coke and though that may seem like a small amount of sugar, it caused my stomach to break and I spent the day on the toilet. I have IBS - or some sort of similar condition - and this may be the reason why I can not handle certain food or drinks. On the thirteenth this month I thought "it is time for me to feel better". Maybe soda has something to do with that, maybe not, but cutting it out completely will at least give me two good things in my life.
1. Hopefully my IBS will get better.
2. Soda is not good for you anyway.
I really could not find a reason not to. It has been two weeks since I decided to stop and I have not felt the need, the longing, the "I must have a soda right now". Though I must say I have not gone completely cold turkey. I have had two sips of Coke from John's drinks. That is it. And both those time John looked at me and tried to stop me. I understand where he comes from, that I said I should not and that before, when I have said I would quite, I have gone back. One sip and I kept drinking.

This time it is different. I can feel it. I know it. I have made a conscious decision. Not based on other people's words that I should, not based on the need of loosing weight (that I do not feel like I have to anyway), nothing like that. I just thought about it and felt... it is time for me to feel better. I need to know my stomach and I think I do by now. I am twenty three and I have finally realised what is the biggest monster for my IBS.

It is time to feel better.

I have already made steps in the right direction by stopping my daily consumption of O'boy and proving to myself that I can break habits. I have not had O'boy since May. I wrote about it in a post called O'bye and I feel much better without it.

And no, even though soda is out of the question, I have not stopped eating sugar. I still eat ice cream and chocolate (because really, what else do you need?), and that is fine. Because this is my choice. This is me wanting to get better and not you (even though you might want me to feel better too. In that case thank you.) So if it is only me wanting to feel better, then it is not so hard. It is really simple actually.

It is easiest NOT to do something.
(Like not drinking soda.)

1 comment: