Wednesday 2 August 2017

Cheering Cherry!

There has been a lack of posts on this blog lately. One can say I have been in a trench, if that is an expression used by other people than me. I will try and be better, try and write more about thoughts and discoveries and not just what I do during a day. It feels like that will be more interesting. At least that is what I think!

John said a couple of months ago that I should have a proper blog, without the blogger domain or any other. We even went ahead and tried some of the names via Squarespace. Of course pugsie.com was unavailable, but there are so many other domains to consider. Would I like .net, .org or even .me? Would my readers like and remember these domains? I took a long look at my options and came to a decision. It is not time. It cost money and I still have zero in income. A domain that would be entirely mine (since this blog was supposed to be mine AND John's, but he never writes), I need to pay for it myself. It would not feel like it was mine if I did not pay for it. Recently I have had these feelings, well... recently for a long time more like it. I am desperate to earn some of my own money. Not that John has pushed this, he is very much okay with a shared bank account. It is more for me, to feel like I have earned this, to feel like I did something to get there. Once I get some money, I can buy my own domain.

Until then... what domain name do you like?

Yesterday, after John left work, we met at Chinatown to have beer and dinner with one of John's colleagues and his wife. I was last to arrive, obviously, since it takes forty minutes for me to get there. It was fine though, I listened to a true crime podcast called S'laughter. The two women talking are really interesting to listen to because they get so involved in the crimes they read about. One can tell they truly love reading up on murders. Not in a... something must be wrong in their head-kind of way, but in a this is so fascinating I can not believe it-way, which match what I think. What I heard during that episode I told John and the two others, and John pointed out that I smiled while talking about it. I did not mean for it to come across as laughable matter, but I was deeply astonished about the murders and how they were performed. People are brutal! It so unfathomable to hear about.

We ate and drank at Chinatown hawker centre that looks kind of run down. There is no AC but fans spread out all over the complex. You need to find a table with a fan if you want to stay long, it is stuffy and warm in there. We ordered cheap satay, but seriously the best satay I have had in Singapore so far. Though I have only had satay at two different places, this made a third, so maybe that do not tell you much. The two men went to get beer and a cider for me and that kept going during the evening. I had two and a half drinks, but it was the last one that really clicked with my palette. I am known to get obsessed about new things I eat and drink and this was one of those moments. John's colleague turned out to be a little bit of a beer enthusiast and could even make a list of his Top Five Best Had Beers. This impressed me since John and I recently had a discussion where we need to be able to list favourite all time things on the spot. We could not even mention songs or bands we liked because we only open Spotify and go to our list. This I believe is a common problem and I agree with John that people are too used to keeping the best of things in digital lists.

One needs to pay respect and remember the names!

So after hearing and complimenting his list we got to taste the beer he had just bought. It was really good. We, John and I, decided to share one last beer and John went and bought the same one. Let me tell you something - it tasted like cherry. I love red berries, especially in drinks. Especially in juices. This was something different, something new, something really good. It was sweet like juice but with a pleasant taste of alcohol present. It had 5% ABV (alcohol by volume) which I thought was perfect amount for a kind of beer one can drink a lot of for being so tasty.

Shortly after I went looking for toilets while we got ready to leave. Like I said before, Chinatown hawker centre feels a bit run down. The food is cheap and great, do not judge the stalls by the building, but the one thing the stall owners do not have control over is the toilets. I went through every booth in the ladies and found not a single piece of paper, nowhere! I even asked John if he could find any in the men's room but he could not find any either. Does this prove that the place is not so great, or do the workers empty the toilets of all paper at closing time? I do not know. All I know is that I had to ask the nice couple we had company with for some tissues.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and article you have shared here thanks for sharing and posting keep going on. Beer Delivery

    ReplyDelete