Thursday 10 August 2017

First Sell Carousell


I have a website recommendation in mind, but I can not recommend it before I have tried it out fully. But on the other hand, I would like to do some commercial/shout out for myself! I am selling things at Carousell, which is just like ebay, amazon... blocket. Most of my items right now are books and clothes, because that is what I buy and need to make room for more. If you live in Singapore and are interested, head on to my Carousell profile!




I just came back from my first sell. Knowing nothing about shipping within Singapore, I only do meetups. Hopefully people are okay with travelling to Farrer Road, but sometimes I can go elsewhere to meet them halfway. It all depends if I have other business in that area.

Later today I was going to The Cat Museum, but I do not feel so well so I decided not to go. Though it is not a heavy task to take care of cats and talking to people, it will be excruciating to stay for about four hours when I barely have the energy to walk.

I have already been postponing a meet up that was supposed to happen yesterday but will instead take place tonight, so I did not want to change this one as well. Buyers and sellers can give each other feedbacks and I do not want my first two to be less than "positive". Bringing two books, one to sell and one to read, I sat on the tube to go to Bugis. Luckily the buyer would arrive at the same station so I did not need to exit the area. At arrival I sat down to continue reading my book when the buyer came up. He held out money, I handed him the book, he apologised for making me wait, I said I had not waited long, and we parted. Swift and easy!

The book I was selling, The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, was second hand already and so it sold for a very small amount. It almost cost me half the money to get to the meet up point and home again. Though the profit was small, it was good to get rid of the book. It was not a bad book, good for children, but the book took up space in the bookshelf. I now have more room to fill! One out, one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment