Thursday 3 August 2017

Mobile Space


It is Thursday again and as you may know by now I will go to The Cat Museum to volunteered during the opening hours. Though I might write about it tomorrow, if anything special actually happen, I will not write about it today. Instead I will share three of my absolute favourite mobile backgrounds. These photos are all space related, because space is beautiful.



We start of with our home. This photo is incredible. It shows Terra in its colourful present in the black and endless space. The colours are apparently how it would look like to the human eye at that distans and I just enjoy having that knowledge while looking at it. It is not over-saturated, it is bleak and yet so wonderful. The image is originally a square which will not work well on my Nexus, so I edited it into a form in which I can see the whole planet on the screen.


Africa and Europe from a Million Miles Away

Next up is Jupiter. When I saw this photo I was amazed. I had never seen Jupiter from this angle (and since this is one of the first photo from that angle, nobody else had either). The colour and the storms are incredible. This is taken by Juno which has been travelling around Jupiter for over a year now! There are many photos similar to this, link below, but I do like this one most. Only seeing half the planet makes it appear so much bigger and looking closely one can see all the small (well, gigantic) storms everywhere.


Approaching Jupiter

Lastly, the one image I had as a background for ages. The Bubble Nebula. It is so unbelievable that this is really out there. Taken by Hubble in 2016, this one image is put together by four to be able to see the nebula as a whole. I truly looks like a bubble and it is strange to look at. The colours are amazing and suitable for a background, and the image itself is interesting to stare at forever and ever. I really like this one and will always have it ready as a background whenever I feel like looking at it daily.


Bubble Nebula

No comments:

Post a Comment