Tuesday 24 May 2016

Plans and other days

It is Tuesday.

We had plans for the weekend and they are probably more interesting to read about than what actually happened.

After work on Friday John and Heidi came to the apartment. We ordered some Western food with home delivery and played Destiny while we waited. When the food arrived we started the movie that was decided for the night - Resident Evil.

When John was done with dinner he took the PlayStation to the computer and started Destiny. The plan was never for him to join me and Heidi during the movie since he had already seen it so many times. So when he put on headphones it definitely felt like a girls night.

I had seen this movie once a long time ago and Heidi had not (but she had seen the second movie). It was fun watching it and remembering all the scenes. The computerised effects were not the best but what could you had hoped for when the movie was made in 2002. When it ended we decided to get some popcorn and watch the second movie - Apocalypse. Not as good as the first one and the end was just strange and building up to something even stranger. John told me later that the games get weirder too and the movies somewhat follow. The first movie was good, do not ruin that, please! Overall I had a great time with Heidi.

----

We took a long and needed lie-in when Saturday came. The cat tried to wake us and get us going. Eventually I opened the door and he ran around in the bed trying to get us to play with him. Instead he tipped the water glass and had me up to get some papers. He managed that at least. Eventually he started biting our feet through the blanket and we decided it was time to go up.

The day was slow. We did not do much but had plans for the evening. A Reddit meet-up was supposed to happen at the Beerhouse (or Bier House). Yes, we had planned to go but did not. We were pretty fine staying home gaming, gamers as we are. Late afternoon we took a walk to the store and bought some food and wine. It was a pleasant day.

----

On Sunday morning I woke up feeling not so great. Actually I felt pretty sick. Took the blanket and my pillow to the sofa and basically stayed there the whole day. I had fever. The plans for the day was to meet with some friends and go see the new X-men movie - coincidentally also called Apocalypse. We had to cancel that to my disappointment. I really wanted to go out and be with friends. Another day, I suppose.

----

Monday! I was feeling better. John had a free day from work because of some Indian holiday, I have no idea what it was. After a brunch we headed down to the pool. There were not a lot of people there and so it was really cosy to swim around with John and cuddle. We talked a lot about some serious topics, history, memories and such. When I felt hungry we went up. Tried to find something to eat at the food court nearby but most of the places were closed because of the holiday and so we were sad when we walked home with no dumplings and just a single lime juice. At home we ordered some pizza and ate while playing XCOM 2. Not so bad day that either.

----

So we had a lot of plans for the weekend but ended up doing none of those but still had a great time. Except for me being sick with fever, but I am happy that it was only for a day and not longer. I feel fine now. Let us hope John will not get sick by that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment