Thursday 12 May 2016

Red Running

Good morning.

Today I thought I would try my old Swedish non-habit of running/jogging/reallyjustwalkingfastandoccasionallygettingtoaslowjog. Without telling John anything about it, since I thought that if I did not do it I would not feel ashamed if he asked, I dressed as soon as he was out the door and took the elevator downstairs.

Started with a quick walk and tried to find the designated jogging-track. There are marks in the ground - arrows pointing in two different directions and on some locations just one. When I found four arrows I started jogging.

Soon I found stairs which I would not challenge and so I walked up, two steps at a time. So much exercise. Walked around one of the pools. With the sun in my face I jogged straight forward through the whole condominium until I were back where I started. Thought I would take another run; I had walked most part of the first round since I needed to check where the arrows were.

Another go. Still I walked up the stairs. Started to feel warm. I had my phone inside my shorts but as I got hotter and my hip sweatier the phone started to glide down. When I came to the straight way through the area I took the phone in my hand and with the sun in my face I jogged through it all.

At the end of that road I felt like I was going to be sick. It was apparently thirty degrees and I am used to running in around fifteen or even less in Sweden. So I had to sit down and calm my stomach. Nothing happened, just overestimated myself. I walked back home.

In the mirror I discovered my red face. Hello, I said. Is this because I just ran in the heat or did I seriously burn my face?

Guess the answer.


3 comments: