Saturday 7 May 2016

We had one goal

Good evening.

Today we took a trip to Orchard Road. Once again we had to travel on three different lines to get there, with two stations being the longest time travelled on one line. Once we came out of the MRT we knew exactly where to go to find the way out from the last time we were running around in that crazy well-planned-for-not-getting-out mall.

The mission on Orchard was to go to Games @ PI and buy board games for tomorrow. It was a pleasantly warm day and the first thing we noticed was a really load drumming sound from across the street. The sound lured us to its location. A crowd had formed and sparked our interest. We climbed up on a fountain where other people where standing and saw a group of young adults play drums, flutes and other interesting Japanese instruments. I recorded one song and you will find it at the end of this post. They were so skilled and so happy, all of the drummers had impressive muscles and stamina. I danced a little and could not help myself from smiling because they were having such a blast performing.

When they allowed people from the audience to try out the instruments we decided it was time to go. Found an underpass and came up on the right side of the street and headed towards the board game store. I remembered the swim-trunks that I found with Annika a long time ago and wanted to show them to John. I could easily find my way back and, as a side adventure, showed John a carpet that is as soft as an fluffy pet or something like it. I could adopt that carpet! It was not that expensive but John did not want to buy it because he thought I would just lay on it during the days. I failed to see the negative aspect of this.

Then we went to the store and he really liked the shorts. I knew it! So I told him to try them and gave him XL in size. No, he said, that is too big, he said, and brought M to the changing room. I waited outside. Soon he peeked out and asked me to fetch L. I came back and waited. Again he peeked out, asked me to go get the XL. I smiled. gave him a look and went to fetch the size I had recommended from the beginning. They fitted and we bought them.

After being very comfortable in the air conditioned mall we exited into the heat and continued down the road. After a few minutes we found Games @ PI and asked the guy behind the counter about board games he recommended. He had some interesting stories to tell about him and his friends playing the games he held up. Some of the stories were very detailed about the army and the setting and the punishments and the thoughts he had about them. I swear he told us his life story. After a long tale about one game we told him that it was not for us and he picked up another one to tell us about it and of course the time he and his friends and played it.

We spent one hour and ten minutes in there. He talked more than John, which was kind of nice for a change and very interesting after spending so much time with John who really can talk, but this guy was almost worse. Not in a bad way. I did not get to say much, hard to get something in the air during these long rants. We ended up buying Ticket To Ride and The Resistance with two expansions. Hopefully this will be a new friend who will invite us to hang out at the store where tables where full and people where playing Magic The Gathering and Dead of Winter.

We were very tired after that and also very hungry since we had only been eating breakfast. At six we found our way to Food Junction, a food court, and bought dinner. I had rice and half-cooked salmon in teriyaki sauce with miso-soup whilst John ate spicy Thai chicken and rice. I missed our little kitten and so after we were done we hurried home. Three subway-lines later we came home with sore feet (both of us had been wearing flip-flops, which apparently are not good for walking a lot).

Have a nice evening to you and thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Hola! Catch the 174 bus instead. It's direct and takes about 10 minutes. See you later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it took 30 minutes! Will look it up :)

      Delete
  2. The Resistance is soooooooo much fun! JohnL and Jimmy totally concured me some weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember when JohnL and I were the spies and we totally had you all convinced that it wasn't me ;) Sad thing is that we don't have enough friends here yet to play it, got to have five people. We will try and fix this though, really want to play it soon!

      Delete