Wednesday 11 May 2016

The lazy problems of an author

Hello.

I wanted to give you an update on what is happening here in Singapore.

John is working, like he always does. We made a schedule for me to help me write as much as possible. I have been trying to stay to the hours on the paper, but I find it very difficult. I have a problem with routines and tend to break them subconsciously. The plan is for me to work (writing, drawing, editing - somehow work on my book/world) between ten and one, then have lunch and continue to work between two and five.

All I can see is hours. Hours that wants to control me. Hours that tells me to do one thing. My brain goes against it. It will not do it. Instead it takes me to the computer; gaming or watching something unnecessary. Instead it sits me in front of the TV; gaming or watching something unnecessary.

Even though I know I want to write. I know I want to draw animals from my world. This is my life-goal, I want to be a published author and to finish my book-series. Without the schedule I will not have a steady flow, the book will be forgotten for weeks at some points. With the schedule my mind will try to fight it.

How do I stay put in my chair with only the documents up?

You can now also find my Goodreads-reviews in the sidebar to the right just under my Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment