Monday 20 June 2016

Creatures Such as We - app recommendation


Creatures Such as We


Free to Play (once).
$4.99 for replays and the option to skip waiting time.
Available on Google Play and App Store.
Published by
 Choice of Games.
Official website.

Spoilers ahead.


I just finished this (game) story and wanted to tell you about it. I really enjoy reading a story were I have a say in the choices the character makes.

Creatures Such as We is about you working as a tourguide on the moon. You spend most of your free time playing a game with the same name as the title. When the tourists arrive it turns out to be the team who made the game.

Throughout the story we get to spend time with the individuals from the team and playing the game. It is a well planned back-and-forth between the two since there is a connection between the gameplay and real life. There are some choices that I felt added a bit of flavour to everything, but I do not know if they turned up because of my previous actions or were part of the main story.

At one point I thought the story was going to take a turn and become something a lot stranger than what seemed to be a normal life. Sadly enough this never happened and it became clear that it would never do so. Personally I think it would have made the story so much better.

It all ended as expected from my previous choices, which was nice because I could feel that I had an impact. There were options in the end to change the story afterwards if you were not satisfied, but it only led to a new page to read what you really wanted to happen and then back to options at the last page. It felt like it did not belong to the story. I would have liked that option when the moment was in the story and not after I finished it.