Wednesday 15 June 2016

Moana - new Disney movie

I am not sure how John found this because I have heard of no such thing as a new Disney movie. Suddenly this is announced and it looks good. Animation has come so far that it looks like real life with a filter. Look at that water!

Being a big fan of Lilo & Stitch I can not help but compare them. Looking at comments I see I am not the only one. Moana looks a lot like an older version of Lilo and that white pig looks odd enough to be a new version of Stitch. The story probably has nothing to do with aliens and the pig being the main focus, but there is similarities such as the boat and the kids almost surfing in the front of it. Reminds me of the beginning of Lilo & Stitch.

This is a story about another Hawaiian girl named Moana and a demigod called Maui. I am only guessing here but that boat is holding a lot of people and I think I see Moana standing to the left. Is that her family? I do not believe this story will include all of those people so maybe this is in the beginning of the movie. Is it possible that they crash and Moana and the pig wash up on the island on which she meets Maui?

This is probably the first good trailer I have seen in a long time. They do not give away too much about the story but introduces one of the main characters in a way that wakes interest. Looking at the trailer for Finding Dory is the opposite. Big scenes are spoiled and jokes from Finding Nemo reused. You get the feeling like it has nothing new to show. Moana gives you a taste and hopefully they will keep us hanging until it is released. Another trailer is bound to come in a while to build up the hype, but please keep it subtle and intriguing!

No comments:

Post a Comment