Monday 20 March 2017

Contraceptive Need

I was a bit stressed today. My new Nuva ring is supposed to be inserted tomorrow but I had yet to buy one this morning. I had back pains and was still a bit nauseous from the period. John was kind and called the apothecary to ask where in Singapore they had the rings in stock. He found two places near where we live. It was a good thing that he called since I had planned on going to the nearest hospital to ask. I would have gotten there, not being able to buy one, and then be lost for where to go next. Instead I knew exactly where to go.

The nearest hospital with a Guardian apothecary where they sold Nuva rings was the Paragon Medical Centre. It lies on a street just behind Orchard Road, but it closed at eight so John would not have had the time to meet me before that. I decided to go by myself. I do not usually take the bus, but it felt much smoother. If I had taken the MRT I would have had to change lines two times and it would have taken so much longer, plus with a lot more people running around. I quite enjoy the bus-rides here, apart from the motion-sickness I get from being in any vehicle on the road. It took about twenty minutes to get where I needed to and yet I got off one bus station too far away. It was a pleasant walk, late afternoon, and I found my way easily enough. The lady handing me my Nuva ring told me it was good that I only needed one since they did not have many in stock. That scared me, thinking of when I go to get another one but there are none to buy.

Nuva rings are very expensive in Singapore, so my long-term plan (which is why I only buy one at a time) is to go to Sweden and have a hormone spiral inserted instead. It is cheaper and I do not have to keep track of time. The trip has been moved, since I was supposed to go in March, to an unknown time. I have some unresolved back issues that I do not want to have while sitting on a plane alone for over ten hours. It is inconvenient but I can not push myself and risk my health.

On the bus ride back home I did the unfortunate thing of placing myself at a side facing seat, meaning I felt nauseous the instance the bus started to move. I sat in the seat closest to the front so I could look out, but that meant my neck was stiff by the time I got off. I came home half an hour before John did and it felt unusual. He brought home dinner and we are having a calm evening. No stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment