Sunday 12 March 2017

Runaway Weekend

It feels like this weekend ran away. I did not have all the time that I needed to do everything I wanted to with John. Still, we did some really cosy and good stuff.

Yesterday we went to the gym. John woke up at twelve, since I woke him at not a minute before or after, and I wondered what I could say to make him want to head to the gym with me. To my surprise I only had to ask the question and we were off. It was a short visit since my breakfast had been four hours earlier and I was getting really hungry, but it was a good start of the day and it felt good sitting at the hawker stall in gym-clothes. In the evening we saw Passengers and really liked it. We both had some issues with the story, since nothing really happened, but it was great in a visual sense and of course the hot actor/actresses were a big part of it. It is a recommended movie, but not one we would like to see again any time soon. Feels like it would be getting worse for every time you see it, so it is a one hit wonder.

Today we ate homemade pancakes for lunch and headed down to the pool. The sun was still in the sky so we spent a few hours there. When we got out of the pool to dry we stuck around just because it was nice and John said something that stuck in my head. Looking out over the area it looked like a live animation of a concept art. Kids were running around the pool, women lay sunbathing, mothers played with the younger children, fathers taught their sons how to swim, young couples (like ourselves) were cosy in their selected corners. It was idyllic. This is where we live now, it is surreal and yet... very real.

For dinner we took the short walk over to Holland Village. I have been talking about Cha Cha Cha many times in my posts, and if you are a new reader and interested you can search for the name in the search bar to the right. We sat down inside our favourite Mexican restaurant, keeping near the AC and far away from the humid evening air. We decided to order something new from the menu this time: I had the meat taco which was just three corn-flour tortillas and a plate of ingredients to make my own tacos. It was a bit messy and not as good as I had hoped. John had the combo which contained an enchilada and a taco mixed together, but it looked like miniatures. We do not talk much while we eat so we managed to walk there, order, eat and leave in under an hour.

Before we went home we stopped by Pet Lovers Centre. Ymir has been growing into a large cat and the medium sized house + scratching post we bought a year ago looks tiny under his big body. The small scratching posts are not the best option for him and so he has started climbing one of the kitchen chairs covered in fabric. At PLC we bought the largest scratching post we could find and brought it home. At first we carried it together, but then John tossed it over his shoulder. We placed it in the middle of the room and started taking of the plastic. The strange thing is that PLC assemble the houses and scratch posts after they have been plasticised. We had to unscrew the only screw to remove it. The cat sat a bit away from us while we did this, looking rather sceptic at what we had brought home, but then I scratched with my fingernails on the rope and he came running. He loved it! It was such a great joy to watch. He ran around using it as a platform to jump onto, climbing around it like a tree and there was no doubt that it was the best buy for our cat ever.

To finish off this weekend we watched Alien vs Predator. John had seen it before but this was my first time. I really like the first two Alien movies and recently started reading the comics about them. This movie was superb! The movie is intelligent, funny, exciting and terrifying all at once - and it ended with girlpower. I absolutely loved the ending. I could not sit still and be quiet, I had to sit up straight and raise my fist into the air like a cheesy cheese. I screamed at the screen when characters were being stupid and I cheered for the predators and the only good human in the crew. Such a blast. Now I want to have the second book in the comic series.


4 comments:

  1. Kul! Alienfilmerna har varit en viktig del i vår barnuppfostran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John uppfostrar mig inom eran barnuppfostran! ;) Jag fastnade helt för Alien - läser Omnibus böckerna nu. Har du läst dem?

      Delete
  2. Och jag har fortfarande inte vågat se dem. Ska jag våga, Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, de är inte läskiga längre, så oroa dig inte :)

      Delete