Monday 18 April 2016

Board games with Pie

Good morning Monday.


It was a three day long weekend for us. On Saturday we cleaned the apartment until John felt it was too much and refused to go out with the trash (it made him feel like someone was actually living here). I wonder if this strange feeling will disappear if we clean more often. It is not like we have a dirty home; we just tend to leave things where they are.


Around two o'clock we started preparing dinner. I made two pie doughs and John cut all the ingredients and put them in bowls in the fridge. When the guests arrived the food would be one hour from done. Three of his colleagues came over and brought board games. We started the evening with a game called Forbidden Desert. It is you against the game. It took a while before we could understand the rules and overall how to play it. Eventually we started and after a short while it ended. Two characters died out of thirst and the two people with water were too far away. Tip: do not separate from each other, stick together!

Then the first pie was done. Broccoli and bacon pie and a musty salad with feta cheese. So good. I miss cheese so much. We ate and talked and enjoyed the company. Seemed like the pie was a success. If anyone wanted more there would be another pie ready after around forty minutes.

Second game was three rounds of Codenames. Two teams against each other and since we were five we had uneven teams. This was somewhat less great. I teamed up with Heidi. She gave me a word and a number and I was supposed to guess what she was referring to on the board. I had no one to discuss with. The table was quiet whilst I tried to figure it out. Would have been easier with someone to talk to. We lost that round and switched teams. Now it was the guests against the hosts. John was the spymaster and managed to make everyone laugh with his weird connections.

For example:

tennis two, he said.
I picked the word shoe.
Wrong.
Later we discovered he was thinking of chair and server.

The third round was me, Bastian and James against John and Heidi. The girls were the spymasters. I started off with scoring three points. Milkshake three, I said. They picked the words mouth, straw and ice cream. Unfortunately the round ended rather quickly when I only half understood one of the words on the board and they picked the killer card. Oh, well. I enjoyed playing that game, just need to update my English a bit.

I believe the second pie was done after that. We ate some chicken and tomato pie and some more salad. Still very good. Everybody seemed full after that.

Third game of the night was Betrayal at House on the Hill. It reminded me of ZOMBIES!!! but had an interesting ending. One in the group would eventually be the traitor; of course this landed on me. I moved to another room whilst reading the rules of the traitor. Meanwhile the others read the rules of how to win against me. When the game started again I got two rounds of doing my traitor stuff and then they banished my specters and the game ended. Could have been more fun, I was so overpowered, but they had everything they needed to win.

When that game ended it was close to midnight and people slowly packed their things. A few minutes of polite small talk and then they left. It was a superfun evening and I enjoyed meeting some new people.

During the Sunday we did not have the energy to do much. The day was mostly spent indoors except when we wanted some pratas and went out to buy that in the food court next to d'Leedon. We also bought lime and sugar cane juice. Lime was good as always. Will not buy sugar cane again.

(No, we did not take any pictures during Saturday. Not on the food nor the company. For some reason. I wish we had.)

No comments:

Post a Comment