Tuesday 26 April 2016

Coming and going

Yesterday we had a visitor for a few hours. Annika came back from Bali where she has been for the last two weeks. She has been here (in Asia) for almost two months and last night the took a flight back to Sweden. Before that she visited us at d'Leedon, had dinner and packed her things that were still here.




The dinner was very expensive food from the restaurant downstairs called The Dispensary. I applied for a job there but declined their offer since the pay was too low. They did not have any more chicken since it was their first day open and every costumer apparently wanted to eat chicken. So we changed our order. Then we found out that they did not take cards and we had to pay in cash. We did not have enough cash for the order so we changed it again. Eventually we went with their avocado saladsalmon burger and beef burger. Whilst John waited for the food to be done, Annika and I went up so that I could read the half finished chapter.

When John came up with the food we found out that they did not have any bacon so he had gotten an extra slice of cheese on his burger. He also received a warm Coke Light as an apology for the long wait. They got fries with the burgers but they were no hit as well. Nothing was especially good but at least the company was!


Tuesday morning. I had to go up with John to do the dishes. At nine four people came to our apartment because of a list of complains we had sent them. I had difficulties understanding what they were saying since the switched between English and Chinese. They were mostly talking to each other or over John so I stood quietly behind while things were happening. What I could understand was that this was none of their responsibility, which was odd since I got the complains-paper from the management office at d'Leedon were they told me that the indoors complains was none of their responsibility and they refereed me to the people who came here. Not sure who to contact to get these things fixed. Possibly the owner, so we will let our agent handle that. Apparently agents are the in-between-hands. I am not sure I understand half of this. I am lucky I have John!

Tonight we will be going to IMAX at Orchard to see The Jungle Book with Chinese subtitle. All the movies here have that, so it is a shame. I always like having English subtitle since I have sometimes bad hearing. This will be fun though, have not been to the movies in Singapore yet! We have talked about it for so long. Finally we are going!