Monday 11 April 2016

Introduced

Hi hi hello.

First thing first: what made me smile today? 

I was going down to the reading room and in the elevator I met a grey haired man. Before I had pressed the button for the first floor he started talking. Asked if I was going to work or swim since I had both a towel and a laptop. He also asked if I was Dutch, I answered Swede and he immediately said ah Stockholm. Beautiful city. He then asked how I came to live in Singapore and I answered that my boyfriend got a job here and that I was an author. Writer he mumbled. I have encountered this before, Singaporeans do not like the word author, they change it to writer under their breaths.

I stepped out on first floor and said it was nice to meet him. Proceeded to the reading room and found it vacant. Tried to find the internet on the computer but could not. Restarted and tried again, but no. So I am going to have to figure out how to get internet down there again. For some reason my computer can not find it. That is why I am sitting in the sofa right now blogging from my phone.

Instead of blogging I went out to the pool. It is not a very hot and sunny day but the water is always like a bathtub. It felt good to slide down and swim for a while. I stretched and lay on the steps while the sun shone on my face for two minutes. Then it disappeared behind a large cloud and I waited, hoping it would clear away and give me a reason to stay. Then I heard thunder, dark clouds moving closer. I looked at my laptop, realised I did not want to be out there if (when) it started to rain. I had nothing to protect my computer with. Sighed and dried, got my things and headed back up to the apartment. More thunder, more clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment