Tuesday 12 April 2016

Naming the Apartment

Ah, hello, finally I have internet in the apartment. Feels like I can breathe again.

The guy who knocked on the door was surprisingly short. He was kind (called me miss, which I will never get used to) and effective, doing his work without hesitation and was soon done. Asked me what name he should type in for the wifi and my brain froze. I am not very good at impulsive questions. John is the genius at weird names for weird stuff. Eventually I named it Coldcave. Very suiting for our cold apartment.

There was a note at the first floor which I had noticed a couple of days ago. It said there would be a Fire alarm inspection between 9am and 2pm. This I had forgotten by the time the first loud noise sounded throughout the building. My heart raced, I sort of panicked and then remembered the note. Even with that in mind I could not stop being scared. Heart kept pumping, noise kept sounding and I stayed indoors. Very clever of me of course. Around 12 I figured I would find my rescue outdoors. Even though the note said not to be alarm I stood in the elevator feeling like every number ticking down would be the number where the fire would engulf me in the little metallic and soundproof (by the soft layers for protecting the walls while people are still moving in with furniture) box. Hands twisted, I survived to the first floor. The sound became less noisy but it was so loud I could not get away. Decided to go buy lunch, bread and bananas. Great choice!

When I got back up, because I prefer to eat my warm lunch in the Coldcave, I solved the noise problem by putting on a headset and watch something on the laptop. Barely noticed when the inspection ended. Then John called and I showed him the internet set up. Now I have two wants with this day: gaming or swimming.

Which will win?



I would also like to point out that I have spent the last couple of days writing on the fourth chapter (even though the book is finished I need to sort things out with the story and the tempo). My few correction readers will be happy to hear this and I will mail you the chapter as soon as it is done. Give me a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Where can I apply to be a correction reader? Pleeeeeeease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I read chapter three for you or sent it? It is done. I read it to Annika, think I mailed it or I just thought I would.

      Delete