Thursday 13 April 2017

Cooking with Fumblefingers - Introduction

I forgot to have salt in my pancake mixture, so I added it to the already finished pancakes.Brown rice smells like popcorn and reminds me of potatoes.




For a long time now (starting point is really difficult to pinpoint) I have forced myself to be in the kitchen. I have no talent there nor any knowledge. I read recipes and scramble the order. There is no need to deny me the access of a kitchen. Do not let me use yours. When John is cooking he does not like to have me there. I tend to offer my assistance, like shopping vegetables while he keeps an eye on the stove, but even then he gets nervous. For good reason too. I am the woman who washed a very sharp knife with such force it bounced of the bone in my thumb. I was banned from my friends kitchen after that happened.

So be being alone in the kitchen might sound scary and maybe even life-threatening, but stay positive. I have some clever moves that makes things safe and edible. I know some "hacks" others have known for years. I can make a meal out of the most unfitting ingredients. I thought I would write posts about it. My experience in the kitchen - Cooking with Fumblefingers. How about it? I think I just might do that. I will start with my first post next time I am actually cooking something. Right now I am reheating chicken and cooking brown rice (which, for the rice, I have something to say about), but that is not really a challenge, is it? Or maybe it is, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment