Monday 17 April 2017

Far East Feast

After PetExpo we called our friend Ash to see if she was able to meet. John and I have since long ago said we would visit her and Steve where they live, all the way out in Pasir Ris. On numerous occasions we have made plans to go only to cancel the same day. Perhaps we sound like unreliable people, but since that is over an hour away with the MRT or forty minutes with car I have to consider my body before I can make the journey. Luckily for us, we were only one station away from the end of the subway line and I had had plenty of time to calm down after travelling to the expo.

We met Ash, Steve and Dawn at the airport. Dawn having plans to see other friends and was joining us before going to their location. At the arrival hall we met Ash's mom and later some of her extended family from Great Britain. Our plan was to go to a bar/restaurant called Georges @ The Cove, which we have wanted to visit since our first invitation from Ash and Steve. Ash's family was very kind and gave the five of us a lift. They dropped us just outside their home and we met her dad for a brief moment. It was a bit of a walk from there to Georges but the air was kind (low humidity and a cool breeze) and the park was cosy. I pointed out Jupiter in the sky, the only bright shining dot above the creepy leafless trees.

When we got to Georges there was only one table available for a party of five - it was next to the dirty dishes and the noisy kitchen. While we went through the menu we asked for another table and was soon seated further away. The food was rather expensive. John had a burger for ~S$18 and I had pork chops with less than a scoop of mashed potatoes for ~S$17. I confess I had a glass of the house white wine, a very generous glass for $8. I know, I was on my diet and I should not have had any alcohol. It was a day of small cheats (and I regretted it afterwards). Though Georges was expensive it was not very special. I think we paid for the view - the sea (or wide river as John proclaimed) and the Pulau Ubin island, some pretty airplane lights in the night sky - but it was almost too dark to see anything. I understand why Ash likes the place, but I would not pay it a second visit.

Dinner ended around ten. We made a short walk to a roundabout and split up in two groups. Our friends had their taxi arriving almost at the same time as we came to the pick up place. John and I had to wait a few more minutes. It was half an hour or so with car back to our place and I was happy to get out when we did. I do not do cars very well. I felt better soon enough though. It was an entertaining day and I am grateful to have such great friends in Singapore.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post you have shared thanks for sharing, here I have to suggest one provider who provider Beer Delivery at your doorstep in Singapore in just 45 minutes

    ReplyDelete