Tuesday 25 April 2017

Featured Expat


When I moved to Singapore I had no idea what an expat was. The word was not in my vocabulary and I had never heard it before. Suddenly, I was one. A Swedish expat in Singapore. I researched the word and found a site called Expat.com. It was my explanation! I became a member, added my blog and found other expats to talk to. Last month I was contacted by the site where they asked if I wanted to be interviewed for their online Expat Magazine. Of course I would.


Today I got a short email where the person I had been in contact with said the interview was live. I was sent a link, but I chose to go to the site myself. It was an easy find. Under community, at the bottom is a link to their magazine. My face was in a big picture! We laughed when we saw that they had covered up John. On purpose or not we do not know, but the interview is about me so I think it was a good choice. I never sent them a picture of my face, only one photo of us and a few photos of my life in Singapore. The pictures they chose matched what the answers were about.

I am quite giddy about this. I have never been featured on a site before and never with such a large image of me! This is my second interview as an expat. I did another one for ExpatArrivals. You will find both their logo's in the menu to the right. Clicking on them will take you directly to my interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment