Wednesday 19 April 2017

Fitness Fatigue

I went to my first POP pilates class tonight. I have talked about POP pilates before when I wrote a post about the food reset challenge and I have mentioned doing some of Cassey Ho's YouTube-videos at home. This was an official class with an instructor (lady in pink in front of me) and it was a lot of fun!


So the class was held at Youngberg Wellness Centre which was located near Caldecott MRT. It lies two stations away from where I live, so it took around twenty minutes to get there (as usual in Singapore, everything is twenty minutes away). When I crossed the street outside the station, Google Maps decided to malfunction and I did not know if I should turn left or right. I saw a man with a yoga mat walk one way and since he seemed to be at the right place at the right time I hurried after him. Once I was close I excused myself and accidentally scared him. I recognised him from one of the photos from the MeetUp-page and so I was fairly positive that he was going for the class. Never the less I asked, was right about him going to the POP pilates class, and we got into a conversation.

I was pretty happy to have found him, because when we eventually got to the centre there were no one around and finding the right place would have been impossible. We entered an inconspicuous staircase, headed up to level three, passed a door with a handwritten sign saying We are here! (which apparently was not for us) and found the instructor on the floor in an open area by the corridor. I sat down, introduced myself, changed into gym clothes, noticed some plastic Christmas trees and borrowed a mat from the wall. I placed myself in the front to be close to hear what she said and to see better what happened.

The workout was intense. For forty five minutes we did full body workouts and I could barely do everything. I have not been working out for a while so I was kind of stiff. The instructor was really good though, she pepped her students to push themselves and always showed different ways to do the exercises. The stretching was great, even though I could have used some more, and I learned a lot of new moves. I enjoyed my free trial, but I was very sore afterwards. She holds one class every Wednesday at the same time (19:15) and place. Sign up on the MeetUp-page. After first time it costs S$5 per class.

It was so nice to meet these people and I truly enjoyed the class. Not sure right now if I want to do it again, but that might be the muscle soreness that is talking. We will see next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment