Tuesday 6 June 2017

A Quick Catch-up



I have not been posting anything new here as frequently as I wish. A haunting headache while being social is not a great combo. When alone, with John still around, I was resting or fast asleep. Here is a long post about what has happened since Friday.



On Friday John came home with some of his colleagues, a friend of ours, and her husband plus another friend of theirs. It was time for dinner and board games. John stopped by a store on the way home, buying chicken and some drinks. At home I had just cleaned the apartment and when they all arrived I was hungry. While John was cooking, the four of us started playing a card game called Love Letter. It went well, they learned fast and it was even who won and lost.

When dinner was gone I got a plate, John took a plate and one of our guests took a smaller portion on a smaller plate. The other two had already eaten. We opened another card game called Citadels and started playing while eating. Though the others seemed to have fun I started having a headache. The game took a long time to finish, mostly because we were so many playing, and by the time we were done it was almost half past nine. That may seem like an early night, but the guests were tired from a long week of working and I was feeling worse and worse. They left shortly after, never even playing actual board games but only two card games.

I went to bed early that night and slept alright. On Saturdays we always wake up close to lunchtime and we had plans on meeting Ash and Steve at Ash's office in Tai Seng. We took the MRT and travelled half an hour to get there, then walked for ten minutes before finding her office. She, Steve and a colleague of hers sat playing Monopoly Deal. I have never played it before but it looked like fun. Though when they had finished John was so hungry that we had to go get some food. All five of us got into the car and we decided to eat at Tin Hill Social. John and I did not know this place, but after driving for about ten minutes we saw our condo and realised the restaurant lies five minutes from our home. Suddenly the trip to her office felt wasted - at least got to see where she worked (although they were in the middle of changing offices and this was the last day at that specific one).

Tin Hill Social was a hipster place, expensive but we had some coupons from The Entertainer. I had a Butcher's Secret, which was a pretty sandwich with good meat in a white bun. John said something very spot on about my meal - the chef had the ingredients and the recipe, but lacked the technical skill to execute it to perfection. He was right. Even though the food arrived on a wooden plate, like that was something to be impressed by, the bottom of the bun was soaked from the dripping meat. The meat tasted good but was chewy. Though I could write what John ate, I think the same opinion could be said about all meals. His hamburger had beef with too much silver skin and fell apart when eating it. Ash's pasta was overcooked and, according to her, not spicy enough. Would not recommend this place. Too expensive for a poorly cooked meal.



Later on that day Ash and Steve came over to our apartment for a sleepover. While John and Steve made pancakes, Swedish style, Ash and I were gaming on the PlayStation. Ash is not really a gamer and so I find it a lot of fun to see which games she enjoys. Relaxed racing was alright, but she really enjoyed puzzle games where nothing bad happened if she died. A game like that was BattleBlock Theatre. After dinner we watched Tusk, which was a incredibly boring movie and immensely disturbing and uncomfortable. I am chocked that Johnny Depp is in it.

I had to go to bed early, my head was killing me. With a throbbing headache I felt the three of them to watch the other half of the movie while I slowly went to sleep. The next morning I was still feeling unwell, head would not budge no matter how many pills I took (to be clear, I took two with four hours in between). Ymir had an appointment at the vet to get vaccinated, so we had lunch by the hawker centre just outside. My head was no good, so I was sitting still and keeping the cat company while the rest bought food. When we got back to the apartment we played a fighting game for a while before our guests left on John's suggestion. He wanted to get me to bed so I could rest away the headache. I was not happy to go, thinking I would waste hours of sunshine on sleeping when I could do that during the night, though on second thoughts I was happy to get some peace and quiet.

That headache continued on Monday and I even got a fever on the evening. That is why I have not been writing any posts about these happenings, since I have been very reluctant to sit by a computer for too long. This post was long, but I felt the need to write it. It took me several days to complete it and I am still feeling the lurking of the headache. Back to bed..

No comments:

Post a Comment