Monday 12 June 2017

Much Needed Hug

Last week Ash and I had a small dispute, where I was totally in the wrong and Ash had every right to be angry. After an explanation and apology over text, as modern people do these days, we made plans to meet today at Nex.


We discussed going to see Wonder Woman, but decided not to and go another time. I love going to the cinema with Ash, she talks as much as I do! Disturbing other people are only fun with your friend doing it with you. Meeting at half past six we were both hungry and walked around the mall to find somewhere to eat. During the day I had had a bad stomach caused by my IBS and wanted something light. After a quick stroll around one floor of this gigantic mall, we ended up at Din Tai Fung.

The restaurant is mostly known for their dumplings and it is impossible to eat there without ordering some. Xiao long baos are pork dumplings with a little bit of soup inside - delicious. To that we had fried rice with pork chops, also very good, and some spinach with garlic. During the meal we had an intense talk about our families, sharing very personal information that shaped us and thus making our friendship stronger. I think I have said it before, but I will say it again - I am so grateful for having Ashrina as my closest friend!
After dinner we said we should do some shopping. Ash needed a speaker for her office and knew a shop I do not remember the name of. Though I said I could give some advice on which speaker to buy, I had nothing intelligent to say about them. There were two candidates, but Ash bought the one she thought was the cutest. Then we went to H&M, because honestly that is the first place I always go to when I need something. There was a sale which was a third of the store, but since the fashion of the 90s are back there were not much that looked good. Ash found a lovely red dress, perfect for Chinese New Year. I found it super cute as well and thought of buying it, but then thought otherwise since Ash had seen it first. Would it not have been adorable though if we had worn it at the same time? Maybe not in our age... I found nothing except for a pair of twenty den tights.

Only two hours after we had gotten there we were already making our way to the subway. Ash was tired after a full day at work. We hugged before splitting up, and I said I would tell her when I was home but I never did (sorry). The app I use for checking public transport, Citymapper, said it would take half an hour to get back, when it in fact only took twenty minutes. It always does here in Singapore. It could be their motto - "Singapore - Always Twenty Minutes From Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment