Saturday 10 June 2017

John turned Cat


E3 is happening in Los Angeles next week and John will be there. This means he will be gone for two weeks, along with some of his colleagues. One of them has a cat and I am cat-sitting during the time he is gone. Before he arrived to stay we had two cat-dates to make sure they could get along, but now he is here.



Mako arrived yesterday during our dinner. First time he was here it was difficult to get him out of the cage, this time he ran out looking for Ymir. Ymir, on the other hand, had run under the bed looking frightened of someone entering his home. While we talked with Kris about what how much Mako should eat each day, Mako peeked under the bed and found Ymir. We heard some recognising sounds, half mjau, half growl, and they went along to greet under the bed.

When the owner left, John was excited to have another cat in the house. He went looking at them under the bed and whispered carefully he wanted a second cat. I have been talking about this off and on for a while now, so it was fun to finally hear it from John. We have already talked about colour and name. How about Oden (Odin)? A black cat. After that we went ahead and played around with Norse Mythology names and joked about naming our kids Freja and Tor. I am spelling them in Swedish since that is how we would name them.

The cats were awake when we went to bed and jumped around us for a while. Eventually then left, went quiet, probably found two places apart to cool down. We fell asleep, woke up to them being breakfast hungry. Ymir had his big meal, Mako a much smaller bowl. He is a smaller cat and eats less, and Ymir is still a growing kid. They both slept for hours while I ate both breakfast and lunch. Maybe they could not fall asleep when nobody was watching over them and felt safe enough to do so when I was awake.

It is almost midnight, the cats have eaten and are now running around playing. I hope I will get some sleep, or at least have them in bed with me, cuddling me to sleep. Or else I will have to sleep alone, John left for his flight at noon and I miss him already.


2 comments: