Sunday 18 June 2017

Potato Movie

Ash and Dawn came over yesterday for dinner and a movie. I really enjoy hanging out with those two, but their choice of movies are not the best in my opinion. They both really like horror movies, the kind that leaves me laying awake in bed long after they have left. Though last night we decided on a chick-flick...


Dawn came over around five with an IKEA bag filled with stuff. She had been out shopping and came straight over to me afterwards. We talked for a while and then she found the four colouring-books that I have. For a while we sat and coloured in a book each - she starting on a gradient peacock and I made lizards neon green. I have been home alone for the whole week, with John gone and being on my period I had not had any energy to be social, so after a while I started talking and realised I had trouble stopping.

Ash was still at home around six thirty, so Dawn and I started cooking. Well, Dawn cooked. I offered to help but she was doing fine on her own. Since I bought way too much potatoes for one person to consume before they go bad, I was very insistent to have a meal with potatoes, thinking I now had two more mouths in the house to help me eat them up. We had roasted potatoes with Rosemary seasoning, fried chicken and a simple salad. Ash made a dressing of vinegar, lime and pepper that for me was too spicy (too much pepper).

After dinner we grabbed what desserts we could find. Ash had left Doritos and salsa from her last visit and shared them with Dawn (since, again, it was too spicy for me). We opened Netflix and started scrolling, talking about the series we had recently seen and liked, and scrolled through the horror list, when they suddenly started talking about Clueless. I had not seen it when growing up and last year only saw two minutes before shutting it down. When they talked about it I was curious what it was about. I can understand why they liked it as teenagers, having nostalgic value probably makes it a better movie, but it was made when I was two years old so I found it outdated.

Movie ended half past eleven. I was about to do the dishes when Ash came a took over. My two kind friends - one cooking the other cleaning. All I had to do was host the evening. They ordered cabs and left close to midnight, Ash having to get up early in the morning and did not want to stay up for much longer. It was a cosy night with my girls and I want to do it more often. Next time, maybe we can watch a movie from this decade?