Saturday 8 October 2016

I AM IMM (and giant)

What a long and exhausting day it has been.

I went up around half past nine even though we both had been awake for a while. Ymir is a morning cat. While watching an episode of Great British Castles (yes, that is an interesting show and I like it) I had some breakfast and played passive games. John came up a few minutes after half past nine.

An hour later he went downstairs to be on time for his booked appointment at the hair dresser. There is one newly opened at d'Leedon and we thought we would give it a try. John first, I might go there another day. I had some problems with my lenses but when they were comfortable in my eyes I went to the gym. Have not been there in a couple of... days (weeks) so it felt good to go. Listened to a writers podcast which was both inspiring and interesting. I am getting glimpses of how it is to go from aspiring author to having several books published. Did half an hour on cross-trainer, a few reps on the... leg-muscle-trainer and while I was stretching John walked in, looking very handsome with very short hair.

I showered and dressed, then we took the MRT to Jurong East. Now you might recognise this name from before, since I have been writing about it a few times now, but once I find a new place in Singapore I want to take John there too... and so you have to follow in my posts. If you have not yet understood we headed towards IMM, the outlet mall.

The first thing we needed was food. John had a headache (start eating breakfast, love) and I was hungry for lunch. We had Popeyes, surprisingly good fried chicken, tasty fries and yummy buttermilk biscuits. We talked about what life lessons we would give our kids and who would have certain responsibilities. For example, I would be the one to organise things (bags, clothes, schedules) while John would have full control over what to consume (since my cooking would most likely poison them). When we were full and with John's headache gone we slowly started to walk around.

John was intent on fixing my shoe problem. The big problem being that a year for a pair of shoes in my care will be seriously damaging to the feet inside them. Went through two stores, then got distracted and bought a couple of shirts for John. Then headed upstairs two floors since I thought it would be smarter to start at the top and move downwards.

Third floor was mostly only home-decorating stores but it so happened that Best Denki was there as well. Now that is a store for home-decorating/-filling but whilst only sauntering through it we found ourselves by the fans. We saw one; looked nice, blew nice, good price. We walked out of there carrying it. Did not find any other store on that floor interesting so one floor down we went!

On the second floor we found the Nike-store. Lots of pretty coloured shoes. Asked for help since we were looking for a specific type of shoes and the two helpers came up with two alternatives. I needed shoes with support on the inside on the sole and this is exactly what we found. Unfortunately I walked there without any socks so we had to buy some, but they were gym-socks and made for protection against blisters (perfect for me). John also bought a new gym-shirt; blue and it fits. He looks like he knows what he is actually doing now! I put on my new shoes and suddenly my feet and knees did not hurt so much any more. Some strange magic in these feet-protecting things...

Back downstairs we felt like we had seen everything, noticing some stores we had looked at twice or three times already and understood we had started to go in circles. With a fan, new shoes and a bunch of shirts we walked to the store we came there for in the first place. GIANT. Before we actually entered though we had to go to Guardian and buy something to get a coin needed for a cart. Luckily I needed a new face lotion. THEN we could enter the gigantic food-and-other-things-store.

I do not know how many hours we spent in there; perhaps one, perhaps two. The only thing I know is that I steered the broken cart, followed John, waited for John, removed words from a list on my phone and walked. I walked. John walked. The cart filled up and we stood in queue. The man behind us had two things; meat and onions. His decision to get in line behind us is still a mystery. The employee packing our things (in Singapore there is one behind the counter and one packing one or two items into one or two-in-one plastic bags) was impressively fast. We got out, followed signs to the taxi-stand, loaded a taxi, got in, tried to communicate the address with the poorly English-speaking local and headed home. I felt carsick immediately but survived.

We came home half past six. Loaded our fridge and unloaded ourselves. I almost died in the sofa and John was unpleasantly tireless. Good thing was that he had the energy to cook dinner an hour or so later, whilst I was still in the sofa, sinking lower into the cushions for every second. We had potato with garlic/parsley butter and two thin steaks each. It was a good dinner, Ymir held us company by laying on the counter looking at us and the food.

Now this post is approaching the current time. After dinner we gamed, which we are semi-still doing. John left the computer when I started writing this post, now he is playing Destiny on the PlayStation. I will get ready for bed after this and hopefully get a full night of exciting dreams. No plans for tomorrow, might ask if somebody wants to hang out.

Good night!




1 comment:

  1. Hoooo vad man saknar er redan! Hur ser Johns nya frisyr ut?

    ReplyDelete