Saturday 15 October 2016

McBooze Addiction

Friday. I needed to feel alive again. Been home for what feels like forever but is actually only a couple of days. I have been having this alien feeling a human being some times get. My reason is that I have made a huge decision in my life. I am DELETING Coca Cola from my body. I made it sound even cooler than it is. I have, or had, an addiction and decided over a week ago to quit. Stop. Finished. FINITO!

A week... Feels like forever. Apparently I am acting strange.

So I took a shower, I curled my hair, I put on some makeup and suddenly I felt alive. Human once more. Confirmed a time with John and headed towards One-North for lunch. When I arrived I walked a short distance in the heat and when John came downstairs my hair looked flat and very few curls could be seen. Damn that humidity. Styled hair just is not working! We had ramen and sushi.

Back home I re-curled my hair, sprayed another layer of hairspray (and later another) and used some dry schampo powder to cover the stiffness. When John left work we met at Buona Vista to travel to Tiong Bahru. In the chat we had decided a meet up for some late night drinks - meaning we would sit at a hole-in-the-wall "papa" shop. John and I were early and asked if anyone was nearby. One answered and we went to meet up with her and another guy from the chat in TB Market across the street. We had the smallest dinner (pork and rice) and then bought some croissants.

Back at the "papa" shop, also named Booze Pharma-C, we took seats outside, bought cider and beer. I have not met most of these people before. More started showing up and eventually we were around ten. It was a lot of fun! I believe I made some friends that night. At one point a heavy downpour started and we cramped up inside on hard wooden benches and plastic IKEA stools. It got loud and wonderfully talkative. conversations were being held all over the room! Eventually the rain stopped and the smokers went outside. Then others followed and the group split in half.

Around eleven John said it was time to leave. Some had already gone. We walked back to the MRT, a short ten minute walk, and bought some snacks from McDonalds. It will never taste as good as it does after some drinks in the middle of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment