Friday 28 October 2016

Seven Dead Days

There is a week every month where I die and then resurrect. This week has been that. All I have wanted to do is hide and not talk to anyone. John has been very understanding, as always, and it makes it so much easier. We had plans to meet friends on Wednesday and Thursday, but I did not want to go on either occasion and John had a headache one evening and came straight home. It was a low week for both of us.

This week has been really unhealthy for me. Mostly I have been sitting by the computer, but not only for wasting time I have worked as well. Every time I get up I get cramps and I end up sitting down anyway. The book is going well, I am at the end and nearing the finale! It is very scary to realise this. Other than that I try to lay on the balcony and read a book. When I did this yesterday I started to freeze. It was twenty eight degrees and a small breeze made me shiver. When I am sweating indoors I am blasting the AC really cold, but short after I freeze and turn it off. Sometimes it is off for hours and yet I am freezing in shirt and trousers. I hate being temperature-confused.

John is doing good. He goes to work, he refused to drink the last of my soda last night, he tries to work out as often as he can, and he even declared we should buy more vegetables and eat more salad. I am not one to object - except that one week a month where sugar is what I live on. We will resume this discussion after the weekend.

Lastly, we have two things planned this weekend. Saturday we are attending a barbecue with some of John's co-workers, some of them are Swedes. This will be interesting since I have not spoken to any Swede (except John's parents) since we moved here. It will be fun and strange at the same time I believe! On Sunday we are going to Horror Night at Universal Studios! Finally! I have waited so long for this. These tickets are a gift from a friend so it is really a birthday-present to both of us. Many thanks!

1 comment: