Wednesday 12 October 2016

Tropical Terror

After the release of Overwatch Halloween Terror it hit me...

It is almost Halloween!

I love Halloween, although I am pretty bad at celebrating it. Do not even know if you truly are celebrating. For me Halloween is scary; the dead awakens and the chilly nights are not the wind, it is the ghosts walking by. It is the only time of the year when I almost believe something else happens after you die than just nothing. I can almost feel the thin veil between the living and the dead.

Nowadays it is just parties, drunkards, slutty-dress-up and such. At least, that is what I think. I have not been to a Halloween party in years. We tried to make it scary when I was younger but it never got there. When I was a teenager we would watch movies and take long walks in the middle of the night. That was scarier than before but not where I want it to be.

I want to dress up! Not a slutty witch or a sexy vampire - I want to be scary. I think this is why I watch so many makeup tutorials of Halloween costumes on YouTube. I have written about my morning routine before; now you know what it is that I am watching. Thing is, they are really good. In the right environment some of these costumes would be deadly scary! I would have loved it. Too bad I am both bad at makeup/dress up and also right now I live in a tropical country where it seems impossible for things to be scary.

Instead I wanted to change the blog. Something at least. It has the background of our view and everything looked really warm and tropical. I asked John for help and he kindly did so. We opened Photoshop and started fixing with colours and the cut outs I had chosen. My thoughts had been simple colour correction and cut and paste action, but he spent over half an hour doing this! Enjoy it! It will only last until... I remove it. Which will be when Halloween is over!

I will post the photos so you can enlarge them and see the terrific job he has done!


No comments:

Post a Comment