Friday 24 February 2017

Alien Path - app recommendation

Alien Path

Free to play.
In-app purchases.
Available on Google Play & App Store.
Developed by appxplore.
Official website.


My player ID:
k7XA88MRn1


I found this game under Editor's Choice in Google Play. If you do not know what Editor's Choice is I recommend heading there now. They highlight a lot of great apps and not only games. Some apps currently on that list I have made a recommendation for already. Feels good to be one step ahead sometimes!

Alien Path is very simple to learn but quickly gets addictive. You start off at the first planet with only a handful of missions to complete. During those missions there are clear instructions on how to play the game. It might seem like a lot of text and the temptation was there to just skip it all, but then I would have no idea what to do.

While fighting for my planets I can use up to three cards. These cards can be upgraded and imbued for money collected after a successful mission. So far I have seen the same card with two different colours. Colours seem to be random, but a useful hint (which appears while loading) tells me that three cards of the same colour will boost the stats.

The levels increase in difficulty which I find challenging. Some people might find this grinding since money is needed to upgrade the alien to be able to move forward, but placing your money right can get you there in no time. It is important to check the stats of the alien which can be seen all the time during the missions. Sometimes a carefully prepared path can kill all the aliens in one move. You will get more money the more aliens you can kill in a combo.

There are ten daily quests and one quest to finish them all in one day. It is easy enough to do and it will get you a reward which will help moving forward. I just recently started watching some videos to get extra money, but that is not required. One mission is short enough to finish during a bathroom break or while relaxing before going to sleep. There is no time-stress while fighting and it feels more like a puzzle than a survival game. I enjoy it daily and will not be able to quit anytime soon.

Last thing I will mention is friends. Friends can be invited very easily in the social-panel, but there is no interaction between me and the strangers I add, other than sending Spirits to each other with one click. If you would like to befriend me in Alien Path, my player ID is listed at the top of this post.