Monday 13 February 2017

Alien Plans

My passport is ready to be picked up at the Embassy. This morning I said to myself that I could do it on Wednesday. Today felt like a relax and take another weekend day-day. Then I thought to myself would it not be a great way to start the week? I could get it over with. Instead of knowing I had to do it on Wednesday morning I could do it right away and get the day going. Embassy passport errands close at twelve so I had two hours to get ready and head over there. It only takes twenty minutes with the subway. I showered quickly, blow-dried my hair (and lost a fistful of it) and got dressed. My window of opportunity was closing so I put my old passport in the bag in case they needed it and looked up. There is one place in the bookshelf that is meant for my four cards. My ID, MRT-card, credit card and d'Leedon access card. Two were missing. I did not panic. I sighed. I knew exactly were my ID and MRT cards were. In John's wallet. John's wallet was in John's pocket. John himself was at work.

Wednesday it is. Today will be a weekend day-day. I will write on my book and I will eat the pasta with shrimps from yesterday's dinner. It was good, a bit spicy for me but John only used one small, tiny chilli. I am not weak, but my body is. Last night it took almost two hours to finish the meal. During that time we watched a movie called Arrival. It was a great movie. It had a good tempo and content, decent acting and brilliant CGI. The story was highly interesting and I do recommend watching it. John said it was like a homage to Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I watched that movie when I was just a kid but I remember it vividly. At the time I was scared, even though I knew it was made up, but it felt real. Aliens have always felt real to me. I do not believe they will visit us or that they are of any kind that is presented in the media these days. What I do believe is that there are planets out there where some kind of life-form is thriving.

Speaking of aliens - I saw Venus and Mars yesterday. Venus shines like a bright star and Mars can be seen as a small red dot slightly above it. I love watching the sky and imagining the discs around the sun. Seeing the planets makes me feel bigger opposite to smaller. I think that even though humans are small in comparison to the universe, we are pretty big for acknowledging and understanding the other planets in our solar system. We have huge minds for thinking metaphorically outside the box (the box being planet Earth). I am constantly keeping myself updated on the new photos of the planets, the information provided by various scientists. I could never do that myself and I am very grateful that they share this with everyone everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I love this sentence: 'I am not weak, but my body is. ' I want a whole blog about that. A whole book about that. It's a great insight that one is not ones body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course: Like mother like son. (At least I did not stal the card this time. :))

    ReplyDelete