Wednesday 22 February 2017

Anticipated Lunch

Finally Ash and I had a lunch-date. For some reason it has taken us too long to have one. She is working near the City Hall station and the Esplanade station, so it was not very far away, much like going anywhere in Singapore. It took me twenty minutes to get there even though I had to change trains two times. Singapore - smaller than you think. The stations remind me of Stockholm with the whole art gallery at every station-project. I found these disco-ball droplets at the Promenade station. So far I have seen art on every station I have been to. Might make a habit of photographing it, although I bet someone already has and it is one googling away. Yes, there you go. I did it for you! Art in Transit.

Ash and I had already decided we wanted to eat at Sushi Express. I looked it up on Maps and thought I could find it myself. It looked easy, at the end of a long building, but when I thought I was there I had gone completely wrong. Thing is, Singapore has an underground city. It may sound grungy, but it is very clean and modern. John and I got lost underground once over at Marina Bay where we walked for half an hour without ever seeing the outside. Sushi Express lies underground and was clearly not in the place where I was. Ash wrote and said she would come find me. Sushi Express was closed anyway. Eventually we found each other and headed to Suntec.

We still needed sushi so we tried to find a Japanese restaurant. Malls in Singapore can be very confusing since they are so huge, but if you read the signs it will be easier. We did not read the signs and were heading in the wrong direction before we noticed one sign telling us to turn one hundred and eighty degrees. When we did that the sushi restaurant was right in front of us. Sushi Goshin by Akashi.

It felt like a dinner-restaurant. Few people were there when we sat down, but more came in over the course of our meal. It seemed like a somewhat common place to have lunch, at least for the people working nearby. We ordered via a tablet and a waitress brought us two hot cups of green tea. The only tea I am drinking right now - Japanese green tea. Some of the items on the menu were listed for $0.80 per piece so it was pretty cheap. We ordered a bunch and then went back to delete some of the most expensive ones. The first plate came in soon after we had ordered. The quality was really good, but when we had finished everything, the temakis still had not made it to the table. We had to ask for them and they were brought to us right away. It was a great finisher. I could even order mine without mayonnaise so I was very pleased. Recommended place when they have lowered the standard prices.

Ash had two hours for lunch and we had been eating and talking for one and a half when we finally left. She paid and we walked around the mall for a short amount of time. Ash wanted to buy a portable charger and I said she should since they are very handy, but when she told me she already had three I decided it was time to leave the store. We decided to have lunch again the next day and that I would pay for it so we could get even. It was so much fun having lunch with her! I walked with her all the way back to her work and even though we had not finished talking we had to split. A few steps later I realised I forgot to take a photo of us! She was kind enough to snap one at her office and send it to me. I got permission to use it in this post. I found my way back to the subway and was home half an hour later.



No comments:

Post a Comment