Friday 24 February 2017

French Friday

I was supposed to have lunch with Ash yesterday. I did plan to go, but when another friend said she would join I saw it as an opportunity to voice my concerns. John was coming home and would land around four and if I had gone to lunch I would not have been home until three. That time-schedule felt too tight for me who wanted both to clean the apartment and work on the book. Ash understood and I did not leave her alone after all. Later she texted me saying the other girl cancelled too, so Ash unfortunately ate alone in the end.

John came home being very hungry and tired. He boarded the plane Wednesday evening and came home Thursday afternoon so his sleeping-pattern was askew. We ordered delicious pizza for dinner and John went through his days in Paris in detail. I am talking about how many minutes (forty five) he was up in his hotel room after arriving there and leaving to go explore the city. I think he covered everything and if I closed my eyes I could see what he had seen (almost, it was very detailed). Since John will never write a post about this I will wrap it up for those who are curious.

On Sunday he landed with a colleague and after spending the previous amount of time mentioned at the hotel they followed a pre-planned walk. They ate typical French breakfast consisting crepes with Nutella and banana, and a Crooked Monsieur (a toast with cheese on the outside of the bread and ham in the middle). They walked past the Eiffel Tower, not going up in it but seeing it in the distance, and walked near the Arc de Triomphe. They found a tea bar with very expensive teas, but they sat down and took the appearance of being interested in buying. After they strolled around the streets and saw both Grand Palais and Le Petit Palais. John thought he saw Notre Dame over the rooftops, but arriving at the church he realised he had seen a similar looking building. In the afternoon they toured the catacombs. On Monday the meetings started, Ubisoft had booked the Louvre for this conference.

John did very well yesterday, he stayed awake until eleven and then could almost fall asleep immediately. He still had to go to work today though, no rest for the weary. The day went by fast, I did not even do anything. John was busy at work here in Singapore and barely texted me, which is a good sign. Good John.

Today is our friend Ashrina's birthday. She is my closest friend here and I truly enjoy her company. We had planned to have lunch today, since yesterday did not happen, but her birthday-breakfast was huge and she was not hungry. No lunch today either. Now we are aiming for tomorrow! All four of us. I will update the blog if it happens.

Happy Friday, readers.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am immensly envious of the detailed story of John's days in Paris. It is indeed great to settle in to his story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har du lagt ut stenar i Paris igen John?

    ReplyDelete