Saturday 4 February 2017

Dinner Trade

Annika likes to leave books at our place, so since last time she stayed here we have had two copies of a book called Ensam i Berlin (Alone in Berlin). It is in Swedish and even though she went back to Sweden, she left it here with the advise to "switch books at a hotel when you are abroad next time". It is a great advise since that was exactly what we did when she and I were in Thailand last year. She left books she did not like and we took new books. Unfortunately neither John nor I have had any abroad trips since then so the book has been stable in the shelf. Until we thought about our Singaporean friend who lived in England but had a Swedish boyfriend and therefore speaks Swedish. Although she is shy I think she speaks fluently and it sounds great!

The other day our friend said she had some Chinese New Years candy for us. Of course we could not pass up on this opportunity to get some snacks. We set a date and discussed restaurant. John and I met at Buona Vista and went off at Outram Park, a station we rarely use. It lies near the restaurant of choice called Muchachos. We have been there once before with Ash and Steve. We arrived as soon as the rain started. Our date had not yet made it, but that did not matter because it was crowded and we had to wait a few minutes to get a table. The restaurant is small and where the tables are the ceiling is really low. The noise level gets really high. We had just ordered when Dawn arrived. It was kind of hard to hear each other over dinner, but at least the food was good. I had the California burrito that had french fries with gravy and steak. It was amazing. John was kind to buy nachos with guacamole just because I really wanted guacamole. There was a campaign on beer so we each had one. It was a long time ago I drank Corona so it was really nice to have some!

All in all, it was a good dinner and great Chinese candy. The flower shaped ones reminded me of the Swedish rosettes so I truly enjoyed those. The others are interesting, a bit dry perhaps but I still eat them. Hopefully there will still be some left when John gets home. On the other hand, he took all of the bakkwa to work so I will never get to see them. Hm, maybe I will have some more of those cookies after all...



No comments:

Post a Comment