Tuesday 9 May 2017

Blood Mug Owned

I can not complain about the postal service here in Singapore. They always deliver directly to the door. If I am not home, which I usually am when I am expecting a package. When they do not get an answer though they take it to a post house. Obviously. Only the delivery-men sometimes forget to say who they are over the intercom.


On May second the intercom rang. I opened the speaker channel and asked who it was. Nobody answered so I did not open. There is a reason for having an intercom. If I would open for just about anyone there would be no use to lock the door to begin with. A few days later I found a note in the mailbox that said they had not been able to deliver the package.

I have been having a really bad headache today. It started after John left for work and it just would not go away. I ate an early lunch and took a tablet, went to bed and tried to rest for a while. It took almost two hours before I could leave the bed since ever time I moved it exploded right back. I knew I needed to go to the post office today, I knew what the package was that I desperately needed. Slowly I made myself ready, took a shower (though I could not enjoy it because of the pain), got dressed as comfortably as I could and left the apartment around four. The bus arrived just as the elevator got downstairs, and the kind driver waited for me instead of driving away. Very much unlike Sweden.

I had never been to Tanglin Post Office before. The map I used to guide me was a bit unclear, but as I usually say when people walk around with their eyes on the phone - look up! At the top of a building was a sign saying I had come to the right place. First I had to go through a hipster looking store, that made me feel like I had gone the wrong way, but in there I found two glass doors with the little sign saying SINGAPORE POST. With only three people in front of me in the queue and two red lipsticked ladies behind the counter, I quickly had my business done and could catch the next bus home.

What had arrived you may wonder? It was a small package containing a box that I needed to assemble myself, a (fake) satin pouch and a menstrual cup! I have wanted one of these for a short period of time now and so I ordered one immediately. There are some facts that I find important and want to share with my female readers.
  • menstrual cups are not expensive. If you buy one that is, it is a scam
  • they last for years
  • spend less money on tampoons and pads
  • it is better for the environment
  • very sanitary
I have yet to try the one I bought. Luckily for me, and for you if you are interested, I will try it out this week. Be sure to stick around for a full review of the cup! I will go into details what exactly I bought too. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will answer them in the upcoming post!

No comments:

Post a Comment