Wednesday 10 May 2017

Cooking with Fumblefingers ep.2 - Done Delicious

It is time for another episode! This time I will give you my recipe for a very smooth and fast meal, done within forty minutes, depending on your choice of rice. I did my own marinade for the first time and, though I looked for inspiration online, I chose to mix it my way. In the end, this was the most delicious meal that I have ever made for myself!

Start with the marinade. I had this for lunch and so I did the marinade in the morning, but you could do it the evening before if you want the taste to really seep into the chicken. I never measured my ingredients, only looking at the size of my chicken leg and poured what felt appropriate. I put the leg in a small ziplock and added everything into the bag, closing it and then worked it with my hands for a minute.
  • dark soy
  • sesame oil
  • teriyaki sauce
  • two large garlic cloves (more or less, depending on your chicken) in small dices
  • a squeezed lemon slice
Whenever you are ready to have lunch, put the oven to 200°C and then start with your rice. I eat brown rice nowadays, mostly because of the 28 reset diet. Cooking brown rice is different from cooking white, so I am going to assume everyone knows how to cook white and I will give you some tips on how to make good brown rice. First of all, you want to soak it much longer than you think. Perhaps start an hour before you want to eat just to give yourself some give. With brown rice you have to be patient. After it has soaked for twenty or so minutes you want to take double the rice amount; I take 1dl rice and 2dl water. Add a fair amount of salt, once again, more than you think you will need. Put it on the stove and when it starts to boil lower the heat to low. This will cook for about twenty five minutes and then we will leave another five minutes at the end to soak up the last bit of water.

While the rice is cooking you want to put the marinated chicken leg in an ovenware. Pour the marinade on top and shove it in the oven. It will by in there for thirty to thirty five minutes, depending on your oven (we have a convection oven). After this is done, all you have to do is wait. This is why this meal is so simple to make. Perfect for Fumblefingers! But of course we want something on the side, so let us make a small salad.

At first I was thinking salad, but when I opened up the avocado it had too many fibres to be good to eat in chunks. DO NOT THROW AWAY AVOCADO WITH FIBERS! They are not scary and not bad for you. It is like that strand on the side of a banana that you do not want to eat but you know you can eat. Put the fibercado in a bowl and mush it until no fiber is keeping the pieces together. Shop some cherry tomatoes to small cubes, sprinkle some salt, squeeze some lime and you are done. That was a fast guacamole, obviously you could do a better one if you have the time, but I made mine when my meal was hot and ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment