Monday 1 May 2017

Self-Frustration

My cleansing diet only lasted for twenty eight days, but does that means that I should gorge myself in snacks and alcohol on the twenty ninth? I regret to say that I did and I was not holding back.


It was very convenient that my diet ended the same day as we had girls' night at our place. I said to John that I would neither drink nor eat many snacks. Instead I did. The girls brought Cheetos, chocolate and wine. In my mind I was thinking it's fine, my diet is over, but why should that mean that I can eat as much as I did. Did I not start this diet with a goal? Why waste it after just twenty eight days?

The snacks and wine were left behind. Half a bag of Cheetos, but now only a few left. Two glasses of wine in a bottle, nothing left now. I am so mad at myself! I ordered fried chicken on Sunday night for dinner. There was nothing to cook (which is probably not true) and I was really hungry. At least I did not have soda with it, I chose a mango peach juice instead. On the other hand, I had a Coke last night!

I went to meet John at Lewu Cafe, a smaller restaurant at Bukit Timah. I have written about it before and said that I liked it, but this was the absolutely last time we went there. I came early, arrived with a book and waited for John. He was there a few minutes past half past seven and we ordered our food just a few minutes later. Then we sat talking, and talking... and kept talking. After twenty five minutes a lady came out telling us they only had one serving of the dish we had ordered. John was a gentleman and looked for something else, ordered it and we continued talking. His food arrived shortly after, mine still not around, even though it had been ordered first. He even finished his food before mine came out, forty five minutes after placing the order! It was good, it was really good, but it was not worth it. The chef refused to come out and apologise, even though we kind of asked her to, and we got no refund or extra something. Last time visit. I need to change my review.

We went to FairPrice after that and bought a lot of vegetables and meat so I can cook something for lunch today. I am thinking my salad with potatoes. Might even write a Cooking with Fumblefingers-post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment