Friday 25 March 2016

Another place to stay

S̄wạs̄dī (which I just googled to say hello in thai)

I woke up early, around six or seven, and was really desperate to fall asleep again. Instead my mind kept thinking the alarm will go off soon and I checked the clock every now and then. I must have fallen asleep since I woke up later by Annika sitting on the edge of the bed.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant by the hotel; mushroom omelette and I ate American pancakes with banana inside and I drowned it in honey that came on the side. The room was only booked for one right and since we did not like the beds, we started the day with walking on the beach looking for hotels. An interesting task to say the least; nothing I have ever done while on vacation before but enjoyed doing so.

There were hotels by the road, a bit longer walk from the beach, and even though we looked at them I never really wanted to live there. We passed a dive-store and sat down for a chat with the owner. He was very kind and recommended other hotels, beaches, restaurants and obviously diving areas. He talked about a kayak trip which sounded amazing, so that I really want to do! We left and walked to another store. In there we tried out bikinis for a while; I bought two and a hat. After that we took our luggage and moved into a bungalow on top of a cliff at Marine Park View Resort.

The ocean called and we changed into bikinis, walked down to the beach and had lunch. Very soon we were walking towards the waves. Unfortunately there were a few boats in the water and the surface was covered in bubbles from the gasoline. Still, the temperature was like a bathtub and the sand so incredibly soft. Hard to be annoyed really. Until we saw plastic wrap from a beer package float by.


When we eventually got out of the water we found a massage board. Looked amazing. We put clothes over the bikinis and headed to the ATM. By the road we found a recommended place called Mini Mouse Massage and walked in there instead. They cleaned our feet and showed us to the mattresses. I found it new and interesting to receive clothes to wear during the massage, but was very happy to remove the somewhat wet bikini-top and put them on.

If you have had thai massage before you will understand what I mean with nothing like Sweden. Hopefully you have been to Sweden to understand this reference. It was so much fun laying there and figuring out what part of their body they used to massage a part of mine. A foot pushing the underside of the thigh, knees pressing under the butt and they kept hitting the parts when they were done with it. I enjoyed it immensely. After an hour I still wanted more. Quite an experience, I can not believe I have never had it before now! Should I feel bad about only paying 350 THB (80kr)?

The hotel apparently had street access so we simply crossed the street. Left our things at the bungalow and went to their own restaurant. I had seen that they had satay on the menu earlier that day and had been looking forward to that. They did not have it. He said I could get spring rolls instead. Not the same thing to me. No hanging lip though, instead I ate rice and chicken from a pineapple. Tasted good, pretty special, something I have never had before.

Tomorrow will be a chill day, but that might change, we will see!

Good night!






No comments:

Post a Comment