Sunday 27 March 2016

Trip to Paradise

I greet you once again.

This morning we woke up half past six, even though the alarm was put to seven. Made the morning routines and packed our things, ate breakfast at the hotel and then checked out. While Annika paid and bought sun cream, I was searching the shops for a shirt that covered my shoulders and back while swimming. Eventually I found one, white with long sleeves, very thin and perfect for swimming. The man we had booked our boat tickets from found me outside the shop and said that the boat was waiting, so I went to find Annika. We were on time but the man had already taken the other people to the boat so we walked there to find them.

The boat was a long wooden thing, very thai and very unstable looking (to me). This boat was already occupied by around ten people. We found places and it took off. Already I felt seasick, even though the engine was barely on and they were slowly moving towards another boat to exchange things. (Even writing this puts the feeling right back into my body while I am sitting in the reception listening to the waves.) I was seasick and worried that my bag would jump overboard, the boat was crashing over the waves.

I survived though. I leaned my head on Annika's shoulder and lay in her lap for a while, but after forty-five minutes we arrived at Koh Ngai/Hai (I recommend Googling this, I will not be able to post pictures). The welcome at this hotel, Koh Ngai Resort, was the kind you wish you had everywhere. They carried our luggage without question and served cooling orange drink while at the reception. Annika went with a guy from the hotel to see some rooms to decide which one we wanted. I sat very still and convinced my body I was at completely still land.

The room was simple: no fridge, dusty AC, difficult closing the balcony door, but overall could not complain. The view was great, location like paradise and included in the price is snorkelling kits and kayaks. We started off with snorkelling, we saw lovely fish and corals. I swam in my white tunic. It was hard getting out of the water, but we managed when the hunger set in.

The restaurant was a bit overpriced and the food was nothing special, but it is the only one at this beach. We had a simple lunch, a quick break at the room, then we took the kayak and paddled around the cliffs to snorkel at a new place. New fish, lovely fish, I enjoyed it so much. We swam with the kayaks thin rope in our hands to not loose each other nor the kayak. Slowly we swam back towards the beach. After a long while we went back up in the kayak and paddled back.

Then we spent a few hours in the pool, stretching and talking. It was such a great time. A parrot flew in to sit in the palm trees, being so free and wonderful as birds can be. The most amazing thing was watching it and thinking that we are not at a zoo, this is its home and we are the visitors. I am blown away by this paradise, this is amazing. I love it here!

We showered at the room, got dressed and ate dinner at the restaurant. The fried rice with crab meat had no crab meat in it, but they insisted that it had. Instead of just putting more crab meat in there they asked me to order something else. Their fish and chips were not so bad though, nothing extraordinary but good.

Internet here is problematic. There is a lot of different ones, but right now there is only one working and only at the reception and it goes on and off. Well, if you are at a paradise island, maybe you should not be online all the time. I will write posts when I have internet and the time.

Now we are off to bed! Good night, readers.


1 comment: