Friday 11 March 2016

Back to IKEA

Today I did not feel so well. It was this and that and also very expected. The plan was to stay at home.

At two o'clock Annika and I were hungry. Since I did not want to travel very far we decided to eat sushi at Sukuraya. We ordered a plate of seven California rolls to share, a fried prawn puck and small unusual sushirolls (reminded me of flatbread roller or tunnbrödsrulle for more accuracy). When that was gone we ordered more. Sushi is so good, it is difficult to stop eating. I think that our waitress smiled when the second order came.

After that we took a trip into IKEA. John signed the letter of conduct yesterday which means we almost have a contract at the apartment on the sixteenth floor at d'Leedon. IKEA is a gold mine for us who want to feel at home in a foreign country. We looked at what kind of furniture we needed, what little items we wanted and the best part, colours! I am thinking black wood furniture, dark grey couch, orange pillows and details, a purple carpet and dining chairs.

Apparently we were in there for quite some time, because when we emerged with two ice creams it was almost five in the afternoon. We bought eighteen cans of Coke and yoghurt at Cold Storage and headed home. Not five minutes later it was heavy rain outside, the kind of rain you only see in Asia.

I tried to write the end of chapter three tonight, but was constantly distracted and then my wonderful John came home. Tomorrow Annika will fly away for five days and I will go to lunch with John and a few of his colleagues. I am not sure I want to show my face to strangers though.

I am still red.






No comments:

Post a Comment