Thursday 31 March 2016

Four nights at Koh Ngai

This is the last night at this paradise island.


We have been snorkelling, swimming in the pool, reading, eating and repeated this for the last couple of days. Somehow I have managed to get some colour; if one do not compare me to Annika. 

Snorkelling was amazing today. I have no idea how many hours we stayed face down. Will try to find the names of the fish we saw, but every single one was a first for me. I saw some of Nemo's friends and at one point I was some clown-fish as well. That was real fun, I smiled so that my diver's mask filled with water, I lay in the waves above them for a while, enjoying seeing them in their natural habitat and how incredibly cute they were in their little purple anemon.

At one point I needed to find some sand where I could stand and fix my equipment. While standing there I suddenly felt a quick and rather harsh bite on my right leg. Not used to being bitten in the sea I got scared and clumsily swam (more like a panicked waggle) to Annika. She then followed me back to the sand and circled me with bubbles to keep the fish away. What happened instead was that the fish swan closer to my legs for protection. I was their fish mom. I was nervous for being attacked again, but they did not and when I lay back on stomach and looked down, they kept swimming after me for a while. That was such a special moment, except for the little wound on my leg.

The pool had salt water but no jellyfish and no waves. I liked it there, although I missed the fish. We had a lot of fun in it; talked about life and played games that we made up and had a great time. Annika gave me an empty plastic bottle which I found so many uses for as a toy in the pool. We settled down in two chairs to lay in the sun to read and get burned... I mean get some colour.

Tuesday night we booked thai massage. Only one masseuse so I went first while Annika read in the other bed. This massage was not like the other ones. It was strange, weird angles and painful pinches. I laughed when she did some of the stranger moves, like putting my foot in the fold of the knee and then push the other foot towards the butt or when she twisted and turned my leg and then grabbed the foot to lift it high up in the air. The little woman struggled with my long legs. She pinched my skin, which I assume was suppose to do good, could not be for it to feel nice at least. Clenched my teeth to not make a sound.

Tomorrow we will take the forty-five minutes long ferry to Pak meng (mainland) and then share a private van with a couple of Americans to Krabi Town. It will take two and a half hour total. Then we have a night to explore, which will probably only be exploring one restaurant and then sleep. The plane to Singapore leaves at half past eleven, which is why we wanted to be in town the night before.

Alright. I will probably blog tomorrow night when we are at our new apartment.

Until then!





4 comments:

  1. Fish attack!!! How is your new home in Singapore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. Feels like home already! We only miss a cat.

      Delete
  2. First, my dear Elinor, don't ever compare yourself to my mom! She's crazy when it comes to tanning!
    Secondly, I MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was brown even before we got there. It's just that you can't see my colour if we stand side by side, I only look pale, but alone or next to John I have this slight hint of something close to brownish ;)
      Miss you too, we should chat or talk more often!

      Delete