Saturday 26 March 2016

Lazy start with windy end

Good morning.

Yesterday was a very relaxed day. We ate an American breakfast with omelette, sausages, watermelon and banana, toast with butter and marmalade, juice and tea. Went back up to the room and packed a bag with necessary beach-things. Found two chairs by a parasol and settled in. Immediately we walked to the ocean and swam back and forth along the beach. I found out just how annoying tiny jellyfishes can be and their stinging treads. It was a first and a second and a third time. I lost count, it stung to swim.

Back on land I was completely in shadow, expect for my feet but I put my hat over them for safety. I was reading many chapters and Annika a few before she fell asleep in the sun. After a long while we took another round to the sea, swam back and fourth and then up on land. Moved the chairs so that I could still be in the shadow and kept reading. We were never really hungry but walked to the nearest restaurant and ordered green curry soup and I had satay with rice. It was okey, nothing extraordinary but still satisfying.

Back to the beach, I moved around again and lay down to continue my reading. I do not know for how long I lay there but the sun was going down behind the cliffs and soon their was no need to move the chairs. It was not dark yet, so we stayed a while longer. Eventually we decided to get massage again and headed back up to the bungalow to change out of the wet bikinis. I noticed that I had gotten burned somehow, probably while I was in the water. My shoulders and face and even behind the ears were red and painful.

We went back to the Mini Mouse Massage since they were really good and very kind. Annika took a back and shoulders massage which was more than just the back and shoulders, but it focused on those areas. I heard her moan and sign, so it must have been good. I took the aloe vera oil massage; something nice for my burned body and not so painfully executed. It was nice, not as good as the thai massage but the burn felt better afterwards.

After that we went back to the hotel. Our usual spot was free so we sat down and ordered salad for dinner. Easy and tasted good, though Annika remembered afterwards why one should not eat salad in Thailand (they wash it in the tap water). It was a lovely late night with the company of a cute black cat who really wanted to have some of my shrimps and Annikas tuna. It stroked her feet and sat beside me and was under the table and tried in many ways to get to the food. Gorgeous cat, I wanted to take it home with me.

The wind was very strong and the wooden platform we sat on creaked and swayed in an unsettling way. A little bit terrified I told Annika we should move to the stone instead and so we did. I talked to John for a while, hearing his sick voice made me miss him so much. He is eating medicine so he will be fine soon, I just wish I could be there for him. Around eleven I went to bed, found it hard to fall asleep because of the intensive wind and then we woke up somewhere in the middle of the night by a gecko screaming on the wall opposite the bed. Not a good night sleep one could say.

It is still windy today. The breakfast was a bit less than yesterday, no sausages nor banana. Still enough to make my stomach happy. Will try not to burn myself, hope I will be lucky.

We are staying at this hotel for another night and then hopefully move to Koh Ngai, if we can get a boat to take us there. I do not know if there will be internet there, but I might suddenly disappear from blogging. In that case I will be back on Thursday when we are going to Krabi for the last night. The flight back to Singapore is on Friday 11:30 am.

Have a great day, people!




No comments:

Post a Comment