Thursday 3 March 2016

Burned day

Yesterday I was in bed around ten o'clock. I did not have the energy to write a post.


During the forenoon Annika and I were up at the roof, swimming and laying in the sun. I had two layers of sun cream and did not feel the sun burn that much. I did, but I did not think it would affect me. In Sweden (and the other sunny places I have been to) thirty degrees in the sun a few hours does not show too much on the skin. Maybe a little, but not a severe burn. Not that mine is severe, it could have been worse, but my legs are red from the feet to knees. It hurts to walk.

We got back down from the pool at almost two and then took a moment to shower and refresh. Ate lunch at IKEA around four and then went to Rochor since John wanted to go to Sim Lim Square. Before we met John we looked around for bikinis. None at the market and just a few at Åhléns (which is really OG Albert). They had a lot of shoes and since John does not want to look for shoes with me, Annika volunteered to help. That was before she understood how impossible I am. I tried a couple and every time my feet hurt a little more. Eventually I could not try another pair. We did not find any suitable, I have trouble finding shoes that are comfortable for my feet, they are just so messed up. John messaged us saying he was there and after a quick look-around we found each other. We ended up not buying anything at all.

Instead we went through Bugis Street, which I found out was the crowded market place, and ate at the FoodJunction (food court) on the other side. Annika ate a tasty looking fish, John a double teriyaki bento and the duck I ate was bad. Probably been done around lunch-time and served to me at ~seven. I did not each much, did not feel so good in my legs or my head and I barely touched the rice. I felt sick when we got home, cuddled down in Snuggle Bunny and fell asleep while John was still talking to me.

Rough day. Today will be more relaxed, I am not up for anything really. Legs are still red and burning, head is tired and I have no energy to explore.

One day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your posts about the weather affecting you and Moo is making me... concerned. As a neighbor of Singapore I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions:

    - I'd recommend you take an umbrella whenever you decide to get out and try not to stay under the sun more than an hour especially during 1100~1600hr. You'll be surprised how spontaneous tropical weather can be, one minute it's scorching the next could be pouring. Then scorching again.

    - It's not the temperature(or sunniness) that burns you, it's the UV rays, since Singapore is very close to the equator compared to Sweden. Maybe you already have it but try to find sunscreen(non-greasy) with min.SPF of 30 ~ 70.. that's right 70.

    - Humidity is obviously a huge factor too when in comes to comfort level or health. Again you'll want to avoid going out when the sun is strongest & the air wettest, however once you(slowly) adapt to the climate you'll find it much bearable in the future. Also, bring LOTS of tissue when walking outside.

    - I assume your home already has A/C, but of course running the a/c 24/7 means higher costs. Get a few big portable fans, place one near a window for fresh air intake, and the other one blowing out a window for the outtake, just like keeping a PC rig cool! This takes a lot of fine adjusting to get the air cycle perfect though.

    These are just a few tips, I'm sure locals there could give you more or better advice.

    Take care to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern. We appreciate your suggestions.

      - We bought umbrellas the first day, unfortunately black ones so it gets very hot underneath. We've experienced the sudden rain, but managed to avoid it, even though one would really like to go out in it and just enjoy the water.

      - We have an SPF with 50 that should be enough, maybe will buy another one with even more. Thing is we are not outside in the sun that often but travel between buildings, so it's not a problem when outside, I was just unlucky and stupid to lay out in the sun during the hottest hours.

      - Why would we need tissues? I've seen some on tables in food courts because there is none there to take, which is annoying.

      - The fans was a really good tips! We will use this once we get our own home.

      Really appreciate you taking time to write this. Thank you for reading our blog.

      Have a nice day.

      Delete