Tuesday 1 March 2016

Long Monday

Today we woke up really early. John was in the bathroom half past seven while I kept sleeping another half hour. Then we went outside to grab a cab. According to our friend Google it would only take ten minutes with car on a straight road to get to the Ministry of Manpower. Somehow our taxi driver managed to take a lot of turns and even go though a toll so that we had to pay more money. It took half an hour for him to get us there.

We got there ten minutes before our appointed time. We registered as "we are here now" and sat down, went through the papers and signed where it was needed. After a few minutes John's name appears on a screen and we both go to the selected counter.

"Only for you, sir," said the lady. A small bubble of panic swelled in my stomach, but after questioning her statement, we had her corrected and could proceed with taking pictures of us both. They scanned both thumbs and eventually we got our official visa for Singapore.

We then hurried, since this was a work day for John and even though he was allowed to be late for work he did not necessary want to be that late. Took the MRT to HarbourFront/VivoCity to open a bank account. After forty-five minutes of talking, signing more papers, nodding approvingly to the papers and eventually receiving two cards for a joint account, we were done. It feels very real and good to have a joint bank account with my partner. Life goal achieved.

After that John had to leave. We said bye at the MRT and I kept walking around in the mall. I did not do this activity in Sweden and I am not very good at it. Strolled around looking like I was looking for something, then stood at an information-board to find the something I was looking for. Got down to the first floor and took out some cash, not that I needed any more than I had, but just in case. Eventually I went to the Giant were we had been previously, this being the destination John had assigned to me to find a inflatable mattress and shoes to wear indoors.

Back to the fact that I am not good at shopping. I went around this huge store for quite some time, did not find anything on my to-buy list and could not find anything that is under the category buy-if-you-find-something-nice-that-you-want. These too are directives from John. I walked out of there empty handed and almost ran for the MRT to quickly get home.

It was lunchtime and I was hungry, so I bought some sushi on my way home. Avocado and salmon rolls, no mayonnaise and no wasabi. It tasted good but not nearly enough food to be satisfying. The rest of the day was pretty slow, I did a lot of things in our home but the outdoors were just too much this day. Eventually John got home very late, bought us dinner and cuddled in the sofa until now.

Time for bed.




2 comments:

  1. Whooo....! Lot of important things happened:
    Visa - check!
    Bank account - check!
    And tomorrow the fantastic Annika arrives!
    Everything looks SO WARM on the pictures. Today is about +5 here in Göteborg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checks - check!
      John should have the money from the company by now.
      Every day is warm here! Around 33 today, I'm being very careful in the sun.

      Delete