Wednesday 9 March 2016

Some people work, some people burn

Since we were really active yesterday, we had the day of. At least Annika and I, John went to work as usual.

The morning was slow and I only got out of bed because the housemaid came in. We sat at the balcony while she and another little Asian woman cleaned our apartment. I do not know if I will get used to this, I am used to doing all this myself, so it will be nice to take over these chores when we move to our apartment.

As soon as she left we ate the IKEA food we had at home. Unfortunately we do not have an oven here and had to cook it in the microwave oven, probably not as good as it could have been. After that I went up to the pool, swam ten lengths and relaxed in the sun. This time being careful and put on three layers of sun cream. I started on a new book (The Lies of Locke Lamora) and eventually got company by Annika. Swam another four lengths and then put my chair in the shadow to continue reading.

Still I got red and burned. My leg bubbled up and crept me out, but Annika calmed me down by saying it was the previous burn that just had gotten worse. When I got back down to the apartment I saw half my face was red and the other half white, shoulders shining red whilst my stomach is white. I sighed! Eventually this will work out, I will be brown and even.

I walked to meet John by the station and we met Annika at the mall next doors. We ate at the food court and then we split up again. John and I went back, he wanted to game and I called Sanna over Skype. Miss my friend so much, I miss hugging her. Looking forward to have her over here and show everything in this new home country.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it is. Probably why I'm so red since I do ten lengths during the worst hours... Will I ever learn?

      Delete